Risk Management in Construction Engineering
Programme: Risk Engineering
Length of Study: 2 years
Accredited from: 16.10.2009Accredited until: 31.8.2019
Profile of the branch
The aim of the study is to educate graduates, who (on the basis of the development of engineering approaches) will be ready to propose such measures for new buildings to these objects can reliably fulfil their function during its whole life cycle; for existing objects, detect and analyze the risk of a negative phenomenon and to propose measures to minimise them.
Key learning outcomes
In the framework of the studies the students acquire special knowledge and skills in the area of
• survey methodology risk
• technical and economic objects
• categorization disorders, their consequences and the impact of the collective categorization,
• methods used in studies of the risks and their consequences,
• methods of modeling of engineering tasks,
• risk management technical and economic objects,
• legislation risks, safety and responsibility.
Professional and special knowledge obtained from the area of risk sources and detection
• detection of risk factors for structures,
• risk assessment of individual risk factors for structures,
• analysis of possible consequences of the negative phenomena in the construction of objects
• proposals for measures to limit risk sources and creation of such conditions to sources of risk for construction of objects not to being activated and decreased the likelihood of danger,
• elaboration of strategies and procedures how to solve a crisis situation, in cases where a negative phenomenon occurs.
The basic knowledge and skills the students obtained from the fields of economics, management, management, law, judicial expertise.
Occupational profiles of graduates with examples
Graduates will be prepared for professions connected with the planning, preparation, construction, operation and maintenance of building objects. The application will find a series of manufacturing and non-productive companies on technically challenging positions and also as judicial experts pursuant to Act No. 36/1967 Coll. in the basic scope of the Construction industry, the construction sector, with particular specialization Risk building activity.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
|2SAMZ||Mathematical Foundations of Risk Analysis||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAPZ||Basics of Law||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAFO||Risk Management in Companies and Organizations||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAMJ||Quality Management System and Environmental Management System||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SASP||System Concept/Approach to Risk Engineering||cs||5||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBAS||Analysis, assessment and management of risks of technical systems||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBBR||Safety and Risky Behavior||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||ClAc||yes|
|2SBIS||Information Systems and Technologies||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||ClAc||yes|
|2SBMM||Mathematical models of Decision Making||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBPA||Advanced Methods of Analyses and Simulation||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2BCSO||Risk analysis of structures and processes||cs||6||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2BCSK||Reliability of structures||cs||6||winter||Compulsory||Ac||yes|
|2BDDK||Diagnostic of structures||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2BDMK||Modelling of supporting structures||cs||2||summer||Compulsory-optional||Ac,Ex||2||yes|
|2BDSM||Reliability and theory of material violations||cs||2||summer||Compulsory-optional||Ac,Ex||2||yes|