Internships - Freemovers
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports has a development project supporting studying abroad based on:
- a framework contract on direct cooperation between universities
- an individual visiting student agreement between the student and a partner university
The student can go to any country. Within the development project, a student can:
- study abroad for one or two semesters
- participate in short term or long term professional courses
- work on a project (semester or year project)
- work on his/her Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral thesis
- undergo a traineeship within an approved study programme
Selection of students and all matters associated with the development project are handled by the individual faculties – faculty mobility co-ordinators will provide detailed information.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- completed at least the 1st year of a Bachelor’s study programme
- proof of knowledge of the relevant foreign language
- approval of the stay by the faculty
- existence of a framework or other agreement on direct co-operation between the home university and host university OR an individual agreement with the host university for the given stay.
- financing only from the sources of the development project/MSF
- The student arranges his/her stay either through his/her faculty or, in case of an individual stay, at the foreign university.
- It is required to submit an application to the foreign university, which the university must confirm and send back (or it must provide an acceptance letter).
- The student fills in the Learning Agreement or Traineeship Agreement in case of a traineeship and has it confirmed by both sides.
- The student must be enrolled in the semester in which he/she wants to stay abroad, or have an ISP and he/she must enter his/her account number in the information system.
- The student is obliged to hand over approved documentation to his/her supervisor at least 14 days before leaving and sign a Financing Agreement.
During your stay
- In case of study plan changes, the student is obliged to fill document Changes to original Learning Agreement (second page of LA) in writing within 30 days from the beginning of stay. Again, this has to be approved by both sides, the host university and home university.
After your return
- The student is obliged to submit Confirmation of Stay Duration issued by the host university and a Transcript of Records within 14 days after mobility.
- The faculty will issue a confirmation of the actual recognition of results from the study abroad (Proof of Recognition).
FINANCING OF THE STAY
- The student will receive a mobility scholarship on the basis of the Financing Agreement according to the faculty’s decision on the basis of the relative cost of living in the country of destination; in average, up to a maximum of CZK 20,000 per month.
- The PhD student will receive a mobility scholarship on the basis of the Financing Agreement according to the faculty’s decision on the basis of the relative cost of living in the country of destination; in average, the amount is CZK 30,000 per month.
- If the stay duration in whole months is not complied with, the last month will be settled according to the number of days as follows: 0–7 days = no scholarship, 8–20 days= half of monthly scholarship, 21–30 days= whole monthly scholarship.
- The scholarship may be increased on the basis of the faculty’s decision by partial contribution from the faculty’s mobility scholarship fund (MSF) up to a maximum of CZK 40,000 for the entire duration of the stay.
Responsibility: Mgr. Bc. David Gurník