Precise authorized, calibration and laboratory measurements of hydraulic param.
FAST-DRB024Acad. year: 2020/2021
To gain knowledge of modern up to date measuring technique to measure parameters of hydraulic models and in sites. Applicability of contactless methods - laser doppler anemometry, ultrasonic anemometry, advantages and problems. Small dimension, moving and rotating bodies and measurability of related paramenters. Technique and process of official measuring realisaton and accredited laboratory measuring.
Institute of Water Structures (VST-VST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Mathematics, physics, hydraulics, hydromechanics, elementary statics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1.–4. Overview of measuring methods in through flowed compasses (micro and macro perspective), contactless methods.
5.–8. Contactless ultrasonic and opthoelectronic methods of velocity, depth and discharge measuring. Integral methods.
9. Measuring of pressures, forces and moments.
10. Calibration, device control.
11. Authorized parametrs measuring, acreditesd laboratory.
12. Flow velocity measuring in extrem conditions (capillary, boundary layer).
13. Measuring in moving environment.
Overview of contact and modern contactless measuring methods. Calibration of measuring devices and measuring systems. Possibilities of measuring flux structure. applicability of integral methods for flow parameters measuring. Measuring in extreme conditions (low and very high velocities). Authorized measuring of hydraulic parameters. Officially reconized laboratories and legislation demands.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer