FAST-DCB009Acad. year: 2020/2021
Physico-chemical properties of water, physical chemistry of surfaces, basics of thermodynamics and chemical equilibria in water.
General composition of water, carbon dioxide and its ionic forms, metals and semi-metals, halogens, nitrogen compounds, sulfur compounds, phosphorus compounds, gases, organic substances and their group determinations, C10-C40 hydrocarbons, polyaromatic hydrocarbons, phenols, halogenderivatives of hydrocarbons, pesticides, surfactants.
Transport and transformation of substances in the environment.
Institute of Chemistry (CHE)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will master the aim of the subject, i.e. enlarging of knowledge on hydrochemistry and water analysis.
Fundamentals of general, inorganic and organic chemistry.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Physico-chemical properties of water.
2. Physical chemistry of surfaces, chemical equilibria.
3. General composition of water.
4. Carbon dioxide and its ionic forms.
5. Metals and metalloids.
6. Halogens, compounds of nitrogen.
7. Compounds of sulphur, compounds of phosphorus.
8. Gases, organic compounds and their group determinations.
9. C10-C40 hydrocarbons, polyaromatic hydrocarbons.
10. Phenols, halogenderivatives of hydrocarbons, humic compounds.
11. Pesticides, sufactants.
12. Hydrochemical quality of natural waters.
13. Hydrochemical quality of drinking and selected waste waters.
enlarging of knowledge on hydrochemistry and water analysis
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer