Meteorology and Climatology
FAST-DSB024Acad. year: 2020/2021
Deep knowledge of meteorology, novel measuring devices and measuring techniques.
Sources of information, climatological and meteorological databases.
Measurement of meteorological data and statistical processing.
Detailed characterization EU and CR climate.
Climate change, global warming, greenhouse effect, air pollution.
Dynamic and statistic downscaling techniques, softwares and datasets (climate databases).
Applications of climate change into water management problems.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Orientation in meteorological data measurement, processing and interpretation.
Basic knowledge of natural sciences, statistics and probability, basic knowledge of artificial intelligence.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to meteorology, nomenclature, literature and other sources of information.
2.–3. Summary of basic knowledge of meteorology.
4.–5. Meteorological instruments, measurement of selected meteorological variables and their processing.
6. New information on meteorology.
7. Climatology – nomenclature, sources of information. Climate classification.
8. Climate of EU and Czech Republic – thorough characterization.
9. Climate change, scenarios, impacts.
10. Atmospheric pollution, pollutants and their minitoring.
11.–12. Dynamic and statistic downscaling techniques, softwares and datasets (climate databases).
13. Applications of climate change into water management problems.
Summary of basic knowledge of meteorology and climatology
Thorough knowledge of selected parts of meteorology and climatology
New information on climate change
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer