Landscape Restoration and Stability
FAST-NSB020Acad. year: 2020/2021
Types of the landscape, human influence on the landscape, main reasons of anthropogenic damage of the landscape
Devastation of the landscape during mining activities and its reclamation
Classification of reclamation, biotechnical reclamation, agricultural and forestry reclamation, new trends in reclamations in CR.
Ecological stability, landscape stability, territorial systems of ecological stability.
Problems of water in landscape.
Restoration of landscape aqueous systems, restoration of small water courses in the landscape,
subsidies programs for CZ.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gains basic knowledge of landscape ecology, landscape restoration, landscape stability, territorial systems of ecological satbility and restoration of landscape aquatic systems.
Basic knowledge of natural science subjects.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to landscape ecology. Landscape ecology as a scientific discipline. Nomenclature.
2. Natural landscape. Cultural landscape. Disturbed landscape.
3. Ecological stability. Landscape stability and methods of its evaluation.
4. Devastated landscape. Ways and phases of recultivation. Biotechnical phase of reclamation. Agricultural reclamation, plants. Forestry reclamation, suitable wood species. Other ways of reclamation.
5. Landscape restoration. Territorial systems of ecological stability.
6. Urban sprawl, low impact development. Landscape conservation.
7. Water in landscape. Problems in river basin, problems of improper river modifications. Wetlands, pools and other water elements in the landscape.
8. Restoration of landscape water systems. Basic principles, technical solutions of restoration and river migration passability.
9. Evaluation of river restoration, maintenance, problems. Examples of restoration from CR and foreign countries.
10. Nature and landscape conservation in CR, legislation. Subsidies programs.
Basic knowledge of landscape ecology, natural and cultural landscape, impact of human activities, landscape restoration, landscape stability, territorial systems of ecological satbility
Restoration of aquatic systems of the landscape
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.