Concrete Structures 1
FAST-BLA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
Reinforced concrete monolithic structures – one- and multi-storey frame structures and their structural elements. Design principles of cast-in-place foundation structures – wall footing, strip, grid and mat foundation.
Dimensioning reinforced concrete members considering theirs limit serviceability.
Two-ways slabs – edge supported. Circular and annular slabs. Two-way ribbed and cassette slabs. Wall beams – simple and continuous.
Construction and expansion joints in concrete structures. Realisation and control of concrete structures.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of designing framed reinforced concrete structures and simple foundation structures.
• Understanding to the behaviour of flat concrete structures.
• Designing slab and wall concrete structures.
technical mathematics, technical physics, structural mechanics, theory of elasticity, loads, design of concrete members, foundation of buildings, static analysis of load-bearing structures using a computer
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Multi-storey frame structures – system arrangement, loading, design, space stiffness – bracing.
2. Multi-storey frame structures – structural analysis, reduction and redistribution of internal forces.
3. Multi-storey frame structures – reinforcement detailing, constructive principles.
4.–5. Serviceability of reinforced concrete structures – stress limitation, cracks control, deflection control.
6.–7. Principles of design of cast in place foundation structures – reinforced and plain concrete footing, continuous footings and grids.
8. Single-storey frame structures – pointed and arched girder, corbels.
9. Two-way edge supported slabs – structural arrangement, structural analysis, reinforcement.
10. Continuous two-way slabs – principle of solution, reinforcement detailing. Slabs partially edge supported.
11. Serviceability of two-way slabs. Slabs of common shape.
12. Circular and annular slabs. Waffle slabs.
13. Simple supported and continuous deep girders. Work joints and expansion gaps in structures. Manufacturing and control of structures.
To teach the students to design reinforced framed concrete structures and simple foundation structures.
Understanding of the behaviour of flat concrete structure. Design of stab and wall concrete structures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans