Hydrology of Sewer Systems
FAST-BPB012Acad. year: 2020/2021
The content of the subject Hydrology of Sewer Networks is the solution of the problems connected with the widely subject Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment. The basis is the general hydrology from which the subject matter comes out and follows it. In the subject are solved rain data as a basic parameter of simulation means, precipitation measurements, contemporary concept of urban drainage systems, monitoring and simulation modeling, detailed description of sewage systems and ways of drainage, flow measurement, rainwater management, description of selected objects on sewer network, general drainage plan and plans for the development of water supply and sewerage systems.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage aim of course: design and project of special hydrology and hydraulics, which is assert in sewer systems.
Sewerages and waste water treatment, Hydraulics, Hydrology, Utility Networks.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, objectives, tasks of hydrology of sewer networks.
2. Storm data as a basic parameter of simulation tools, measuring precipitation.
3. The modern concept of urban drainage systems solutions, monitoring and simulation modeling, key performance indicators, the fundamental solution of water management tasks.
4. Basic aspects of the correct use of simulation models for water management tasks - the types of models, data for the simulation models, calibration and verification.
5. Gravity, vacuum and pressure sewers.
6. Measurement of flow in sewerage network.
7. Recommended structure of project documentation.
8. Management of rain water.
9. Structures of sewerage networks.
10. Retention and detention tanks.
11. General plan of drainage plans for development of water supply and sewerage.
The subject introduce students with special hydrology and hydraulics, which is assert in sewer systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.