Multi criteria assessment of buildings
FAST-NHA060Acad. year: 2020/2021
Obtaining theoretical and practical skills in sustainable building.
Principles of sustainable building.
Methods of assessmnet of the sustainability of buildings.
Structural and material solutions for sustainable building.
Introduction to selected methodology for multi-criteria assessment of buildings.
Barrier-free use of buildings.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
knowledge of desing of building structures, advance knowledge of thermal engineering, acoustics, daylighting and building services
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Recommended literature, basic definitions, legislation, concepts of sustainable development.
2. Life-Cycle Assessment- principles.
3. Life cycle assessment of buildings, building materials and products, environmental declarations, etc.
4. Multi-criteria evaluation of buildings, building materials and products. Overview of used methodologies.
5.–7. Detailed acquaintance with the multi-criteria assessment methodology.
8.–9. Renewable building materials and materials with low embodied emissions and energy. Overview, use in building process.
10. Recycled raw materials in the context of sustainable building - demolition vs. deconstruction, reuse, full or partial recycling, etc. Introduction of available technologies and procedures.
11.–12. Structural solutions for sustainable building - green roofs and facades, solar walls, integration of renewable sources, etc.
13. Socio-cultural aspects of sustainable building. Sustainable from the point of view of the barrier-free use of buildings. Requirements and examples.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory