Economy of Civil Engineering
FAST-CV003Acad. year: 2020/2021
Introduction to problems of technical and economic disciplines (technical standardization, remuneration and costing), economic disciplines (prices, accounting, financing, taxation and investments), business and management disciplines (marketing, management and project management). Application of common knowledge in construction orders. Linkage to construction law and construction technical disciplines.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about technical-and-economic disciplines, economic disciplines and corresponding legal codes for using in construction practice and building orders realisations.
Ability to orient in construction firm economy.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic concepts, specifics
2. Position of the firm in the national economy, the construction industry and construction company
3. Standardization of work and performance; Standardization and remuneration in construction
4. Grade and classification in the construction industry
6. - 7. Costing and pricing
8. General construction budget
9. Revenues, expenses, profit and relations between them
10. Starting a business, redevelopment and its disappearance, grouping and types of association in construction
11. Public Procurement
12. Investment Management
13. Marketing and Management
To get knowledge about technical-and-economic disciplines, economic disciplines and corresponding legal codes for using in construction practice and building orders realisations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans