Visual Communication Techniques
FAST-AG051Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject provides basic knowledges of an architect’s work presentation, of graphic, model and other techniques used for grasping and communicating the creative idea of an architectonic work and its presentation to the professional and non-professional public.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e. skills in communication by visual means, graphic arts, model presentation, utilized materials, surface treatment, exhibition design techniques, scenographic procedures.
The subject partly applies the knowledges and skills acquired in the fine arts and interior design seminars. Its character is interdisciplinary and with design studios requiring presentation of partial outputs by means of the up-to-date forms of communication between an architect and the public.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Significance of graphic and model expression of the creative idea /inclusive design space/
2. Development of the presentation techniques – history, the present, the future
3. Ideological basis of approach to the expression of a creative design
4. Two-dimensional forms of presentation of the creative idea
5. Materials for work in the 2D system, public presentation – the exhibition design
6. Three-dimensional model technique
7. Scenography in the exhibition design – libretto, skript, documentation for the implementation of
exposure /exposition, execution, documentation/
8. Materials and techniques for the work on 3D models
9. Working procedures in the treatment of model materials
10. Surface treatment of graphic and model materials
11. Contemporary presentation systems – forms of a creative work presentation
12. Excursion – manufacturing and execution of expositions on Brno Exhibition Grounds
13. Excursion – scenography (fair exposition, theatre, TV)
Skills in communication by visual means, graphic arts, model presentation, utilized materials, surface treatment, exhibition design techniques, scenographic procedures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.