Building Constructions 2
FAST-AH002Acad. year: 2020/2021
Structural systems of multi-story buildings: - wall systems, load-bearing brick walls (masonry), openings in load-bearing walls, - monolithic skeleton systems, - combined skeleton and wall systems. Structural systems of high buildings and superstructures – design principles, material possibilities. Floor structures - function, general requirements, connection with vertical load-bearing walls. Floor structure types: wooden, monolithical reinforced concrete, ceramic, steel, combined floor structures.Recessed structures. Chimneys - chimney and ventilaton flues. Non-load-bearing structures -requirements, material and structural variations.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student copes aim subjectthat which is general conception proposal skeleton program multi - storey construction inclusive assembling project documentation for her realization.
Technical terminology, basic requirements to various types of building (functional, structural and architectural), basic knowledge about constructional systems, competence to choice of system commensurate with type of building, spatial stiffness provision of constructional system. Drawing knowledge of basic constructional types, competence of building drawings reading.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to Structural Engineering, sorting buildings, basic concepts, concept design of buildings, modular coordination.
2. Requirements for the construction, external influences on the building. Mechanical systems, classification, principles and technology, space stiffness, load stability.
3. Distribution of the components, the distribution of structural elements, their mutual relations, basic materials in construction, their properties and applications. Requirements for constructions – functional. Requirements for design - functional, structural and material; loading; structural systems of multi-storey buildings.
4. Structural Systems - wall masonry, structural and material requirements, masonry, brick and blocks (materials, links, creep and settlement of masonry). Andy tyes of mortars.
5. Masonry and stone mixed openings in load-bearing walls, lintels over openings, reinforcing rim. Openings in vertical structures.
6. Structural Systems - monolithic concrete wall mounted. Multi-layer design - design principles, strength, columns and pillars - material solutions, properties and design principles.
7. Ceiling construction - an overview, requirements, feedback on the vertical structure, monolithic ceiling. Wreaths and translations - static and design principles, material options, elimination of thermal bridges.
8. Ceiling construction - prefabricated concrete and ceramic. Functional and static requirements binding on the vertical structure.
9. Ceiling construction - prefabricated wooden, steel and combination. Functional and static requirements binding on the vertical structure.
10. Skeletal Systems - monolithic, prefabricated, modular systems combined. Design systems of high-rise buildings - superstructure - principle, material options, indoor facilities - types, functional and static requirements.
11. Design pendant and recessed (balconies, loggias, porches, patios, akrýře, cornices), materials options, static requirements, heat technical problems.
12. The vertical non-bearing walls, partitions requirements. Brick walls, monolithic, prefabricated glass walls and mobile walls. Structural and non-structural parts of buildings - relationships. Expansion joints; vertical non-bearing structures - walls - material and design solutions.
13. Chimney and ventilation units - design principles and implementation. Feed for layout.
Basic orientation in vertical bearing systems design of public and industrial buildings. Fundamental knowledge in horizontal and arched bearing constructions and constructions connecting various altitudinal levels. Knowledge in suspended construction design such as console or cantilevered structures. Basic knowledge about chimney constructions.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.