FAST-AG006Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic information on the industrial plant design including wider town planning relations, interaction of the place of residence and the place of work, a master plan of an industrial plant, particular functional zones, a manufacture building, working environment and industrial building interior.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e.knowledge of the industrial building typology, industry and urban planning, technology, transport and technical infrastructure, storage, industrial interior, industry and environment.
The subject partly applies the knowledge acquired in the previous typological disciplines. However, it is an independent discipline with its own methodology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Short history of industrial architecture
2. Industry and urban planning
3. Master plan of an industrial plant
4. Influence of technology on the concept of an industrial plant and industrial building
5. Transport and technical infrastructure in an industrial plant
6. Social, hygienic and complementary facilities of a plant
7. Logistic and storage
8. Typology of building structure used in an industrial plant
9. Working environment and industrial building interior
10. Restoration and conversion of industrial plants (Ing.arch. Yvona Geržová)
11. Industry and the environment
12. Small and medium size enterprises (Ing.arch. Yvona Geržová)
13. Industrial architecture – inspiration of other building varieties
Knowledge of the industrial building typology, industry and urban planning, technology, transport and technical infrastructure, storage, industrial interior, industry and environment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.