Russian for Beginners II
FAST-BYR12Acad. year: 2020/2021
Topics - jobs, free time, hobbies, school
Grammar - inflexion of nouns and pronouns, conjugation of verbs, verbal forms, reflexive verbs, ordinal numerals, date, past tense, using "vy" when addressing a person
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will accomplish the aim of the course, which is the mastery of elementary Russian, which means written and spoken Russian alphabet, basic vocabulary and basic grammatical features, then the ability to read, translate and make simple Russian texts.
Students should accomplish Russian alphabet, basic vocabulary and the following grammar - addressing, numerals, conjugation of verbs, basic paradigms of nouns, personal and possessive pronouns, reflexive verbs. Students should be able to discuss the following topics - introducing, greetings, phoning, basic information about myself, nationalities, on a visit, family.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
JELÍNEK, Stanislav a kol.: Raduga 1 po novomu. Plzeň: Fraus, 2007. ISBN 978-80-7238-659-8.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction,revision of knowledge from previous semester
2. 6L-Jobs, listening and reading of dialogues, new vocabulary, pronunciation "dě,tě,ně" in loanwords, intonation of questions
3. 6L-names of men´s and women´s jobs, 7th case of nouns, 4th case of personal pronouns
4. 6L-conjugation of verb "want", revision of grammar and vocabulary, additional text, role playing
5. 7L-Free time, dialogues, pronunciation of unstressed vowels, 1st and 2nd conjugation of verbs, reflexive verbs, B. Pasternak
6. 7L-Free time, exercises, additional vocabulary - movies, music, sport, literature, musical instruments
7. 7L-pronunciation of "l", verbs with changed radical consonants, verbal phrases, L. N. Tolstoy, revision of grammar and vocabulary, additional text, role playing
8. 8L-Hobbies, listening and reading of texts, new vocabulary, intonation of questions and answers
9. 8L-Hobbies - additional vocabulary, address, verbs with changed radical consonants, reflexive verbs
10. 8L-Hobbies, pronunciation of reflexive verbs, verbal phrases, inflexion of personal pronouns, revision of grammar and vocabulary, additional text, role playing
11. L1-School, listening and reading of texts, new vocabulary, ordinal numerals in 1st and 6th case, Russian-Czech homonyms
12. L1-School, classroom, date, past tense, using "vy" when addressing a person, months, revision of grammar and vocabulary, additional text, role playing
13. Revision, summary, games
Mastery of elementary Russian, which means Russian alphabet in both written and spoken form, basic vocabulary and grammar. The ability of reading, translating and making simple texts.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer