Technology of constructions II
FAST-TW02Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject is a follow-up of Technology of constructions I. and it includes the area of building processes linked with erection of constructions, inner and finishing works. The main part is focused on crafts works with high time and coordination demands. They significantly affect the function, useful value and quality of the construction. The characteristic feature of these processes is their dispersion into more than thirty crafts differing in type. They are an integral part of the construction process and require a very good coordination and control activity. This is not possible without the knowledge of their contents, technology requirements and interrelations.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the objectives of the Technology of Constructions course II the students acquire principal knowledge of partial technology stages of the building operations process, in particular of some carcass superstructure processes and interior and finishing processes.
Knowledge of the constructional principles of a building. The subject is a follow-up of the subject Technology of constructions I.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Mgr. Petr Lízal, CSc. a kol.: Technologie stavebních procesů pozemních staveb Hrubá spodní stavba. CERM Brno, 2003. ISBN 80-214-2536-9. (CS)
Ing. Vít Motyčka a kolektiv: Technologie staveb I, Technologie stavbních procesů, část2, Hrubá vrchní stavba. CERM Brno, 2005. ISBN 80-214-2873-2. (CS)
Ing. Radka Kantová a kolektiv autorů pracoviště TST: Průvodce předmětem TW02 a s ním související vybrané studijní opory předmětů AW51, BW02 a BW04. intranet FAST, zpřístupněné opory pro TW02, 2011. [https://intranet.fce.vutbr.cz/pedagog/predmety/opory.asp] (CS)
Ing. Radka Kantová: Technologie staveb II – průvodce předmětem TW02. intranet FAST, studijní opora, 2011.
Prof. Zapletal a kol.: Technológia stavieb, dokončovací práce II .a III.. 0.
Prof. Kočí, Ing. Kovářová: Technologie domovních instalací. 0.
Prof. Musil, Ing. Tuza: Ateliérová tvorba, stavebně technologické projekty. CERM Brno, 1992. ISBN 80-214-0335-7. (CS)
Doc. Ing. Vít Motyčka, CSc.: Věžové jeřáby v pozemním stavitelství. CERM Brno, 2007.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Assembly processes. Principles of production, transportation and storing of semi-products. Assembly of buildings of reinforced concrete semi-products. Readiness of the site for assembly. Assembly procedures, cranes, optimisation of their selection. Quality requirements for assembled structures.
2. Assembly of steel structures. Production of structural elements, principles of haulage and storage. Readiness of the site for assembly, pre-assembly areas. Optimisation of assembly methods and procedures. Requirements for quality and accuracy of assembled structures.
3. Introduction into the sphere of inner and finishing processes, their analysis, demands, technology level. Sequence of individual processes, links, necessary technology breaks.
4. Principles of partitions execution – masonry, made of glass blocks and assembled of segments and skeletal. Readiness of construction, flow-charts, tests, quality control.
5. Installation processes. Establishment of inner sewage system. Water and central heating distributions. Installation of inner gas duct and air handling distributions. Systems, material options, readiness of construction, assembly processes, principles of connecting.
6. Execution of building water, heat, noise, vibration insulations and insulations against chemical impacts. Flow-charts, readiness of constructions, links, quality control, tests.
7. Assemblies of opening fillings – windows, door panels, locksmith product packing, built-in furniture panels etc. Readiness of construction, working procedures, types of anchoring. Quality requirements.
8. Building structure surface treatment – interior plasterwork and external coatings, types, flow-charts, readiness of the background, technology breaks, flatness requirements, quality inspection.
9. Technology of contact warm padding building claddings, systems, flow-charts. Background preparation, principles of execution of thin-coat reinforcement plasters. Quality conditions.
10. Execution of interior and external linings, systems, technology procedures, requirements for construction readiness. Contact and grid linings. Quality requirements, quality inspection method.
11. Establishment of ceiling soffits. Systems, readiness of the base, technology procedures. Time demand. Flatness requirements and their inspection.
12.Laying of floors and paving. Types, material options. Working procedures, requirements for technology breaks. Quality requirements and their inspection.
13. Paintings and wall, timber and steel structure coatings. Types of painting and coating materials, their classification and applicability. Requirements for the base, application method, quality inspection.
Completing of craft works, installation of fittings, fixing technology. Test and inspection reports, necessary inspections for the final building acceptance.
The goal of the subject is to teach the students to apply individual processes of carcass substructure and superstructure, installation process and finishing work in practice, and to deal with particular problems at individual examples. The subject is a follow-up of the subject Technology of constructions I. and includes introduction to building processes related to the assembly of the building constructions, and further the inner and finishing works. Main part focuses on high time and coordination demands of crafts works.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.