Technology of Constructions I
FAST-TW01Acad. year: 2020/2021
The task of the construction engineering is not only to plan the building correctly but also to execute it in high quality and reasonably. The topic of construction execution is part of the Construction Technology field. The technology deals with methods and procedures of an optimum building process execution. In order to be modeled technologically, time-wise and in resource aspects, optimized and successfully controlled, the processes must be studied first.
The course includes the study of the construction processes connected with the primary construction production. This means construction demarcation, technological regulation process and connection during the individual technological stages of earthworks, superstructure and subgrade construction and facing mythe. They solve its technological, spatial and time structures, sequence, workplace preparation, mutual continuation, duality and environmental requirements.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the objectives of the Technology of Constructions course I the students acquire principal knowledge of partial technology stages of the building operations process, in particular of earthwork processes, groundwork and superstructure carcass superstructure.
Knowledge of the building design principles.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Prof. Musil, Ing. Tuza: Ateliérová tvorba – stavebně technologické projekty. CERM Brno, 1992. ISBN 80-214-0335-7. (CS)
Prof.Jarský, Prof. Musil: Příprava a realizace staveb. CERM Brno, 2003. ISBN 80-7204-282-3. (CS)
Mgr. Petr Lízal, CSc. a kolektiv: Technologie stavebních procesů pozemních staveb, Úvod do technologie, hrubá spodní stavba. CERM Brno, 2003. ISBN 80-214-2536-9. (CS)
Doc. Ing. Vít Motyčka, CSc. a kolektiv: Technologie stavebních procesů pozemních staveb, část 2 Hrubá vrchní stavba. CERM, 2003. ISBN 80-214-2873-2. (CS)
Ing. Radka Kantová a kolektiv pracovníků TST: Technologie staveb I, průvodce předmětem TW01 a zpřístupněné opory předmětů AW51,BW01,BW51,BW04. intranet FAST, studijní opora, 2011. [https://intranet.fce.vutbr.cz/pedagog/predmety/opory.asp] (CS)
Prof. Zapletal, Prof. Musil a kol.: Technologie staveb – dokončovací práce. 0.
Prof. Musil, Ing. Henková, Ing. Nováková: Technologie pozemních staveb, Návody do cvičení. CERM Brno, 1992. ISBN 80-214-0490-6. (CS)
Doc. Ing. Vít Motyčka, CSc.: Věžové jeřáby v pozemním stavitelství. CERM, 2007.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into the scientific branch of the technology of constructions. Analysis of building processes. Principles of modelling of building processes, process design.
2. Earth work processes. Laying-out of the building, definition of the foundation pit, trenches, wells. Manners and procedures of their execution. Applicable mechanization.
3. Processes of building foundation. Technology principles and procedures at execution of shallow and deep foundations. Manner of anchorage of superstructures into the foundations, quantitative conditions.
4. Concrete structure casings – element, system and special. Principles of design, static assessment and execution. Economic evaluation.
5. Processes of reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures. Preparation of reinforcement, technology lines. Principles of placing of reinforcement into casing, covering of reinforcement by concrete. 6. Concrete mixing processes. Production, haulage, deposit and treatment of fresh concrete. Hardening control, principles of casing removal. Technology breaks.
7. Masonry processes. Principles of execution of walling of bricks, shaped bricks and stone. Principle rules of the walling bonds. Module, technology and quality requirements. Organisational and time structure.
8. Assembly of timber structures and buildings. Execution of classical and new trusses, glued timber structures and their assembly.
9.Timber buildings, principles of production and assembly. Quality requirements.
10. Erection of enclosing shells and roof claddings. Assembly principles and procedures of silicate sandwich, small unit and metal-plastic claddings.
11. Installation of small unit coverings, quality inspection.
12. Execution of roof plumber works incl. metal coverings and on the house façade. Readiness of construction, sequence of processes, fixing and joining, quality requirements.
13. Working and protective scaffoldings. Types, division. Working procedures and assembly principles for segment, element and spatial scaffoldings. Scaffolding design, static assessment, stability and safety measures.
The main objective of the course is to teach the students to apply the individual selected processes for superstructure and subgrade construction in practice and to solve specific problems on practical models. The course deals with the methods and optimal creation of selected production processes. That includes the study of construction processes connected primarily with the constructional operations. That means demarcation of the constructed buildings, principles of the technology processes regulations and connection during the execution of the earthworks technology stage, superstructure and subgrade construction and the facing mythe. The students will elaborate the technological, spatial and time structure, sequence, construction site preparation, mutual continuity and duality and environmental requirements.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.