FAST-GZ52Acad. year: 2020/2021
Subject of sociology, macrosociology and microsociology, sociological paradigms and theories, methods and techniques in sociology, attitudes and relations, social perception, personal image, verbal and nonverbal communication, the rituals, social groups, classification of groups, role in groups, position in groups, social mobility, behaviour norms, social and biological formative influences to personality, sociogram, sociology in firms, public relations, work relations, styles of directions, direction and management.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of basic sociological principles, schools and paradigms. Connecitons with sociology and technology. Using of sociology in technical and engineering praxis in firm and personal life.
Basic sociological terminology at the secondary schools level studied in the subjects "Foundantions of Social Sciences" or "Civics", knowledge of basic of law, knowledge of statistic methods from mathematics used in sociology, interest in sociological topics, observing and cognition of society, connection between sociology nad psychology, basic knowledge of psychology and social psychology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
GIDDENS, A.: The Constituion of Society. Cambridge, Polity Press, 1984.
ŠAFRÁNKOVÁ, Jana: Sociologie pro techniky. Praha: ČVUT, 1992. ISBN 80-01-00791-X. (CS)
GIDDENS, A.: Sociologie. Praha: Argo, 1999.
KELLER, Jan: Úvod do sociologie. Praha: Slon, 2009. ISBN 978-80-7367-644-5.
DURKHEIM, E.: The Rules od Sociological Method. London: Macmillan, 1982.
ŠIMEK, Dušan: Sociologie práce. Olomouc: UP, 1997. ISBN 80-7067-705-8. (CS)
GIDDENS, Anthony: Sociology. Oxford: Blackwell, 1997. ISBN 9780745623108.
KOHOUTEK, Rudolf: Základy sociální psychologie. Brno: Cerm, 1998. ISBN 80-7204-064-2.
KOHOUTEK, R., ŠTĚPANÍK, J.: Psychologie a organizace řízení. Brno: CERM, 2000.
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I.: Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha: Management Press, 2002.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The subject of sociology, subject and tasks of sociology, the social structure of society.
2. History of sociology. Ovierview of the most important sociological theories, courses and paradigms. Importance for nowadays.
3. Macrosociology, social development. Social psychology. Society, groups and teams. Microsociology. The structures of organizations, offices and firms. Management and controle.
4. Sociological theories and paradigms. The theory of conflict and consensus in society and organization.
5. Sociological methods and research techniques. Observation, questionnaires, case histories, testing methods. Socio-psychological methods of describing the man.
6. Attitudes and relationships in groups and their recognition. Structure of organizations. Management styles. Planning and organizing.
7. Social perception. Active and passive adaptation techniques. Professiogram. Analysis of work performance. Motivation in work and management. The hierarchy of needs. Motivation factors.
8. Verbal and nonverbal communication. Communication skills. Presentations. Brainstorming. Directed meetings. Discussion.
9. The principles of the sociological world view and the role of the individual within it. Conjunction between individual and society. Social structures, social statics and dynamics.
10. Rituals in sociology and in everyday life. Role theory.
Characteristics of the work environment. Factors of the work environment.
11. Social groups and their classifications. Culture, ethics and identity. Sociology of youngsters and school. Social deviation.
12. Motivation and stimulation of workers. The use of sociology in personal management. Sociology of work, marketing and management. The career.
13. Solution of conflict and stressful situations. Sociology of leisure time.
Orientation in problems of sociology of society and social groups. Analysis of social relations, processes in society and social development;
knowledge of social structure in whole society level and also in level of organization, firm, personality;
application of sociology to future job of absolvents in building firms and technical practise.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer