Operation and Maintenance of Building Services
FAST-7T3Acad. year: 2020/2021
Eficiency and low energy operation of building services systems. rules for maintenance of BS components. Energy management. Energy and economy calculations connected with economical operation and maintenance of BS. Manuals for operation and regulations. Evaluation of building services.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of design principles of BS systems. Basic economy calculations of efficiency of investment costs.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Aim, introduction, basic definition
2. Operation of BS systems, costs of operation and maintenance
3. Operation and maintenance - plumbing and water supply
4. Operation and maintenance - gas distribution system
5. Operation and maintenance - heating systems
6. Operation and maintenance - heating systems (laboratory, excursion)
7. Operation and maintenance - VAC systems and cooling
8. Operation and maintenance - VAC systems and cooling (laboratory, excursion)
9. Operation and maintenance - lighting systems
10. Operation and maintenance - monitoring system of faculty
11. Energy management
12. Manual for operation and maintenance
13. Presentation of report, discusion
Design building services systems for efficient operatiom and maintenance. Operation with low energy consumption. Economy calculation for maintenance.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.