FAST-BS051Acad. year: 2019/2020
Introduction, history of meteorology, basic meteorological quantities and their measurement. Measurement of selected meteorological quantities at our own Meteorological Station of Faculty of Civil Engineering BUT.
Processing and evaluation of measured data. Classification of climate. European climate, climate of the CZ. Climate change, global warming and air pollution.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gains overview of main meteorological quantities,
basic knowledge of measurement and processing of selected meteorological data and basic knowledge of climatology.
Basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, hydrology, geography
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Atmosphere of the Earth: composition, layers, attributes
2. Atmospheric pressure: units, normal pressure, attributes, measurement
3. Radiation: energy of radiation, Sun, radiation and absorption in atmosphere, Earth radiation, measurement
4. Temperature of the soil, water and the air: units, attributes, measurement
5. Humidity of the air: determination, units, distribution in the atmosphere
6. Evaporation and transpiration: definitions, evaporation from the soil, water and plants, measurement and calculation, values
7. Condensation of water vapor: condensation nucleus,level, condensation on soil surface, in low layers of the atmosphere
8. Precipitations: origin and classification, intensity, measurement and evaluation
9. Cloudiness: clouds, water volume, classification
10. Atmospheric air flow: origin, classification, circulation, measurement and evaluation
11. Basic pressure formations, weather
12. Climate of the Earth, European climate, climate of CZ
13. Climate change, global warming
Overview of main meteorological quantities
Basic knowledge of measurement and processing of selected meteorological data
Basic knowledge of climatology, aimed at climate of CR and climate changees.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans