Application of Computer Technology in Design of Steel Structures (K)
FAST-CO070Acad. year: 2019/2020
Summary of computing systems for statical analysis, design and verification of whole structure and its components, including connections and joints.
Basic methods of computing models formation of real structures.
SCIA computing system: input data, calculation, result interpretation, dimensioning.
Individual tasks solving.
Institute of Metal and Timber Structures (KDK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students have to manage the aim of the subject, make the acquaintance with course problematic and practice their knowledge and acquirements.
Static action of bearing systems, rules for design of steel structures. Metal structures - design of elements and connections of steel structures. Timber structures - design of elements and connections of timber structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Acquaint with computing systems for static analysis of construction. SCIA computing system – possibilities of application, examples of computing models of realized structures.
2. Elementary input data.
3. Structure geometry – planar model.
4. Structure geometry – spatial model.
5. Model – type of the supports, truss members, nodes.
6. Loading. Loading actions and their combinations.
7. Information about stability.
8. Computation. Evaluation of results.
9. Truss members dimensioning.
10. Non-linearity of computation.
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of this course and to practise acquires knowledge and skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans