FAST-TV02Acad. year: 2019/2020
The parting of sorts of investment, possibilities of investment, forms and sorts of investment activities. Measuring of investment efficiency, specifics of investment in the civil engineering and structural activity. Influence of investment volume on economic results, partnership with foreign investors. Students know the role of investment in national economy, pattern of investment as structural activity and measuring of investment efficiency.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Creation of model for calculation economic a financial feasibility of investment projects. Elaboration of Feasibility Study.
Knowledge of financial and taxation issues.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
LUMBY, Steve: Investment Appraisal and Financial Decisions. London: Chapman &Hall, 1999. ISBN-13: 978-1861522573. (EN)
KORYTÁROVÁ, Jana, FRIDRICH Jaroslav a PUCHÝŘ Bohumil: Ekonomika investic. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, s.r.o., 2004. ISBN 80-214-2089-8. (CS)
FOTR, Jiří a SOUČEK, Ivan: Investiční rozhodování a řízení projektů. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-3293-0. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Theoretical aspects of investment, economic policy
2. Cycle and phases of investment plan
3. Feasibility study
4. Total project costs (investment costs, working capital)
5. Financing of investment projects (internal and external resources)
6. Capacity, production inputs. Returns and production costs.
7. Income statement, balance sheet, CF statement
8. Economic efficiency of investment ratios (NPV, IRR, PB)
9. Risk and uncertainty analysis (profit, sensitivity and probability analysis)
10. Project evaluation with risk and uncertainty – probability and decision trees
11. Project evaluation with risk and uncertainty – decision matrix, decision rules
12. Inflation, nominal and real values
13. Portfolio theory
Goal of this subject are knowledge for bussiness plan including variant of finance.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.