Continuing Airworthiness Management for Aircrafts
FSI-ORZAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course deals with the issue of airplane approval, aircraft release, maintenance from the point of view of the organization responsible for the maintenance system, and maintenance.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course enables students to become familiar with the issues of aircraft certification and their components, release of aircraft into operation, requirements for DOA, POA and maintenance organizations and their personnel. In addition, an overview of applied maintenance systems and their management.
Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering, aircraft technology (terminology) and basic orientation in Czech legislation.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Nařízení komise (EU) č. 1321/2014 a jeho přílohy (EN)
DE FLORIO, Filippo. Airworthiness: an introduction to aircraft certification. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006, x, 247 s. : il. ISBN 0-7506-6948-9 (EN)
Technická a údržbová dokumentace vybraných letadel poskytnutá vyučujícím (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught in the form of lectures, which have the character of interpretation of basic principles and procedures. Exercises are focused on the practical handling of the material discussed at the lectures. The courses are extend by maintenance organisation visit tour.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements: participation in exercises (90% at the minimum).
Exam: written – test.
Language of instruction
in the field of aircraft compliance for operation, knowledge of legislation and competence management system and to obtain an overview of aircraft maintenance procedures, authorization of organizations and aviation personnel.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
90% participation in exercises (80% at the minimum), elaborating a protocol, presentation of all tasks from exercises.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. European and national aviation legislation
2. Certification Standards and Procedures (Part 21)
3. Requirements for DOA, POA, and maintenance organization
4. Type certification process
5. Part M
6. Part 147, Part 66, Requirements for maintenance personnel
7. CAMO organization
8. Maintenance organization
9. Aircraft maintenance and control systems
10. Technical and maintenance documentation of aircraft
11. Technical and maintenance documentation of aircraft
12. Issues of import of aircraft products from EU and non-EU countries.
13. Specific requirements for maintenance and equipment in commercial operations, MEL, CDL
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Airplane categories and their airworthiness for air transport operation
2. Demonstrating the type certification of propellers, engines and other aircraft devices
3. Airworthiness of individually-built aircraft
4. Airworthiness directives
5. Weighing of aircraft
6. Changes in aircraft equipment
7. Maintenance of COM/NAV systems
8. Standard EASA Forms
9. Maintenance program
10. Maintenance program
11. Aircraft registration process
12. MEL – minimum equipment list
13. Visit tour at maintenance organisation
eLearning: currently opened course