Programming in Python
FSI-VP0Acad. year: 2019/2020
Students will get acquainted with modern scripting language Python.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Having successfully completed the course, students will be able to use knowledge and understanding of the nature of scripting and the role of scripting languages, the syntax and semantics of Python.
Fundamental level of programming in course 1IN (Informatics).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Harms, D., Macdonald, K.: Začínáme programovat v jazyce Python. Computer Press 2012, ISBN 80-7226-799-X. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
School game and programming by using fun examples.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The active participation and mastering the assigned task.
Language of instruction
To examine the topic of scripting language Python and designo of their applications. To understand GUI programming using Python.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Education runs according to week schedules. Attendance at the seminars is required. The form of compensation of missed seminars is fully in the competence of a tutor.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction, a brief history of programming languages, Python and PyCharm introduction
2. Basic statements, data types, operators, functions, modules, classes
3. Eexception handling
4. Regular expressions and Python
5. Modern object oriented programming, comparison with C/C++ and Java
6. Data structures, efficient implementation of search
7. Standard libraries in Python (1)
8. Standard libraries in Python (2)
9. Interfaces to system languages, using with Matlab.
10. Text processing, sorting
11. XML document processing, libraries for efficient storage and search
12. GUI programming