Information Knowledge - Information Literacy
FSI-2IVAcad. year: 2019/2020
The most important part of the course are the study materials where is the study text itself. It‘s learning is needed for successful mastering of a corresponding chapter. There are the accompanying materials whose learning isn’t necessary but they help you to better understand the problem. Very important part of each chapter is the task situated at the end of the chapter. You can find in the course:
- the study guide
- the study materials in the form of a lecture with control questions
- text study materials
- self-checking tests
- tests and tasks
- sample animations
- links to the accompanying materials
- discussion groups for the up-to-date issues
- opinion poll about the course, contents of the course, work of the tutor
- discussions with the teacher (email, chat, office hours)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student should know after graduating:
- search and choose the relevant source of informations
- know and use professional information sources in classic or electronic form
- be able effectively use various searching engines
- using the library services for the study and the profession
- work with the scientific text
- orient in the world of libraries of BUT
- understand ethic and legal standards from the world of information and IT
There’s no need to have any special or professional skills. Basic knowledge of the work with the PC is enough.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Texty ze studijních opor předmětu (dostupné v Moodle).
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The condition for finalization the course is the perform all tasks in each lessons.
There is a possibility to get 100 marks total. To get the credit students must get minimally 70 marks for whole course.
Language of instruction
This course is aimed at practical use of information sources, institutions and the services they provide focused on the specific faculty.
The aim is to teach the student to work with the available electronic information sources with the possibility of their practical use during studies or scientific work.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Tento kurz je veden e-learningovou formou, fakultní tutoři kontrolují, zda studenti absolvovali všechny jeho části a kvalitu zpracovaných či odevzdaných úkolů.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B3A-P Bachelor's
- Programme B3S-K Bachelor's
branch B-S1R , 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
- Programme B3S-P Bachelor's
- Programme B3S-A Bachelor's
branch B-STI , 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
- Programme B3S-P Bachelor's
branch B-KSB , 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
- Programme B-PDS-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
- Programme B-MAI-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
- Programme B-FIN-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 1 credit, compulsory
Type of course unit
13 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
The course is structured as eight consequential chapters. All necessary information for completing can be found in the introductory part of the course.
Chapter 1: Information institutions
Chapter 2: Sources of technical information
Chapter 3: Searching the internet
Chapter 4: Information evaluation
Chapter 5: Creative techniques
Chapter 6: Citation
Chapter 7: Organizing information
Chapter 8: Time management and effective reading
eLearning: currently opened course