Culture of Speech and the Generation of Texts
FIT-IKPTAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course offers a theoretical introduction to communication studies, etiquette, formal presentation together with practical communication training, rhetoric and presentation training. Part of the course deals with standards and regulations of written personal documents as well as education texts.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be able to explain basic terms of Communication Psychology, apply theoretical knowledge to actual situation as well as to assess performance efficacy of their colleagues from seminary. Students define the subject of Communication Psychology, list prototypical interpretation of nonverbal gestures, analyse communication strategies of complex situations.
To be interested in given problems, and to have the minimum knowledge in writing.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are
specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the
course and updated for every academic year.
Successful completion of the course assumes an 80% success rate in a credit test and a 10-minute presentation.
Language of instruction
Basic knowledge of formality protocol, enlargement of communication and presentation skills, often used in the education practice.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- Information and their communication.
- Communication Models.
- Communication Folders.
- Solving Typical Pedagogical Situations.
- Model of assertive skills.
- Compensating with criticism and assertive educational action.
- Basics of verbal expression from a psychological point of view.
- The meaning of voice and hearing in rhetoric.
- Speaker personality.
- Preparation of a lecture, a discussion paper, a paper, a paperback.
- Text as a component of pedagogical communication.
- Theoretical problems of comprehensible text.
- Strong text creation strategy.
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
eLearning: currently opened course