Microsoft Windows Network Technologies
FIT-IW3Acad. year: 2018/2019
IPv6, DHCP, DNS, NAT, routing, Windows Firewall, multicasting. Services and
protocols SMTP, NNTP a POP3. PKI:
CA, EFS, email encryption, IIS certificates (HTTPS). IPSec a VPN (PPTP a L2TP),
RADIUS (IAS). Remote Desktop Services. Network Access Protection.
NAT, routing, Windows Firewall, multicast. Services and protocols SMTP, NNTP, POP3. PKI: CA, EFS, email encryption, IIS HTTPS. IPSec and VPN (PPTP and L2TP), RADIUS. Remote Desktop Services. Network Access Protection.
Active Directory: sites, services, replication, GC, domain groups, the database and LDAP, partitions and replication, integration with DNS and NetBIOS. SW installation (Service Pack, Office + Office Resource Kit). WDS.
SQL Server: installation, system and user databases, object types, primary and foreign keys, Query Analyzer, Network Libraries, Enterprise Manager, MSDE, security, database structure and system tables, transactions, locks, logs, database files, backup and restore, replication, monitoring, DTS.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
to implement, manage and troubleshoot network technologies based on MS Windows.
General insight into problems of computer networks and their implementation
Graduation of courses IW1 and IW2.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
- Microsoft Learning - Windows
- Dan Holme et al.: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-640): Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (2nd Edition), ISBN: 9780735651937
- Tony Northrup and J.C. Mackin: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-642): Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (2nd Edition), ISBN: 9780735651609
- Orin Thomas and Ian McLean: MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator (2nd Edition), ISBN: 9780735649095
- William R. Stanek: Mistrovství v Microsoft Windows Server 2008, ISBN: 9788025121580
- William R. Stanek: Windows Server 2012 Pocket Consultant, ISBN: 9780735666337
- William R. Stanek: Windows Server 2012 Inside Out, ISBN: 9780735666313
- Microsoft Learning - MS SQL
- Mike Hotek: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-432): Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance, ISBN: 9780735626058
- William R. Stanek: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant, ISBN: 9780735663763
- Windows Server 2008 R2 TechNet Library
- Windows Server 2012 Technical Library http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh801901.aspx
- Windows Server 2012 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/default.aspx
- SQL Server 2012 Product Documentation http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418440(v=sql.10).aspx
- Internetworking Technology Handbook http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Internetworking_Technology_Handbook
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
- Syllabus of lectures:
- Routing, DHCP, Windows Firewall
- Comparison ICS and NAT, NAT, RIP, WDS, OPSF, DNS, (WINS)
- PKI Certificates, CA, EFS, email encryption,
- Remote Access Connection, authorization, RADIUS (IAS), demand-dial routing
- IPSec a VPN (PPTP and L2TP), Services and protocols SMTP, NNTP and POP3.
- Active Directory: introduction, structure, roles
- Active Directory: accounts, groups
- Active Directory: trusts, replication
- Active Directory: kerberos, LDAP
- SQL Server: Installation, system and users databases, object types (tables, views, stored procedure, functions, primary a foreign keys, SQL Query Analyzer
- SQL Server: Enterprise Manager, Network Libraries, MSDE, security: users and logins
- SQL Server: internal structure of database (transactions and logs, locks, files, backup and restore, system tables),
- SQL Server: Replication, monitoring, DTS.
obtain a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows network environment. Acquire
in practice the theory of computer networks and operating systems. Implement
and manage and solve problems in network and server technologies based on Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
Another goal is to
obtain a basic knowledge of SQL Server management.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
All forms of teaching are optional. Exercises can be substituted in any other term (but we can not guarantee free space in the classroom - priority is given to enrolled students). If necessary, please contact the teacher or guarantor. Minimal limit from the theoretical and practical exam is 10 points of 60 available.