Water Tanks and Pumping Stations
FAST-BP052Acad. year: 2017/2018
Design the elevation and volume of water storage reservoirs, equipment fitting and storage chambers, types of water tanks, construction methods of water tanks, technical autit of water tanks.
Basic types of pumps, ways of involving pumps, pumps with variable speed, technological and service equipment of pumping stations, construction of pumping stations, cavitation, watre hammer protection , booster stations, technical audit of pumping stations.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to design water storege tanks and water supply pumping stations, the ability of communication with the specialist - mechanical engineer in solving the technology of water supply pumping stations.
Hydraulic, Municipal Technical Equipment Networks
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Physical properties of pumped media, hydraulic of pipe fittings, local head losses
2. Types of water storage tanks, storage design, elevation location of the tanks
3. Equipment of the water tank valve chambers, operation of tanks.
4. Building design and construction of water storage tanks, technical audit of water tanks.
5. Excursion to the selected water storage tank
6. Centrifugal types of pumps, the basic pumps curves
7. The proposal of basic pumping system - pumps, transmission main, water storage tank
8. Suction side of the pump, energy usage, efficiency and optimization of pumping stations
9. Booster pumping stations, pumps with variable speed
10. Water hammer, protection against the water hammer, cavitation
11. Pressure reducing and control valves, technical audit of pumping stations.
12. Excursion to the selected pumping station
13. Producers of the pumps, databases of the pumps
Extend a basic knowledge of water tanks and pumping stations that received the student in subject BP03 Water supply. The goal is to enable graduate students to solve a simple case of a water tanks and pumping stations design, the ability to work with specialists in dealing with complex issues.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans