Computer modelling in power electrical engineering.
FEKT-NPMEAcad. year: 2015/2016
Information about current methods of computer graphics used for solid modelling. Extension of knowledge about imaging, dimensional and geometrical precision, parametrical modelling. Desing and technology documentation. 3D model presentation, vizualization and animation. Photorealistic presentation and graphic processing of electrical machines and apparatus in CAD systems. (AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Autodesk Mechanical Desktop, MechSoft-Profi, Autodesk Inventor.)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Improvement of knowledge about systems for solid modelling and design and their applying at creation of drawing documentation.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
3D Studio-Reference Manual,Autodesk, AutoCAD - Reference Manual,Autodesk, Inc
Open Inventor is The Inventor Mentor by Josie Wernecke (ISBN 0-201-62495-8).
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
40 points - exam
40 points - individual projects
20 points - test
Language of instruction
1. CAD systems principles
2. Modelling, solid and surface modelling - principles
3. Parametrical modelling
4. Boolean function on 2D and 3D objects
5. Introduction to dimensions, dimension style and associative dimensions
6. Data exchange between CAD systems, external files objects
7. Drawing documentation from 3D model, sections and slices
10. Graphical systems for CAD
11. FEM - program Ansys WorkBench
12. Digitalization of 3D objects
13. Data processing of digital video
1. AutoCAD - extension of basic knowledges
2. Modelling principles
3. Autodesk Mechanical Desctop - parametric modelling
4. Builds-up - MechSoft-Profi
5. 3D Studio MAX - basic
6. 3D Studio MAX - extension
7. External references
8. Creation of drawing documentation with using of 3D model
9. Indivudual work - project at AutoCAD
10. Individual work - project at 3D Studio MAX
11. Individual work - Autodesk Inventor
12. Individual work - video edit
Possibilities of graphical systems for CAD
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
65 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer