FEEC, UJAZ – assistant professor
+420 54114 6072
Education and academic qualification
- 2008-2014: doctoral studies (Ph.D.) - Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University in Brno. English
- 2007-2008: Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno. English: extension programme
- 2004-2007: Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno. English
- 2002-2003: master´s study programme (not completed) – Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University in Brno. Norwegian-general linguistics
- 1997-2001: master´s study programme (Mgr.) – Faculty of Education, Masaryk University in Brno. German-Russian
- 2015- : Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Institute of Foreign Languages
- 2007-2014: Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Foreign Languages
- 2/2004-12/2005: Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Foreign Languages
- 2001- : translations and interpreting
- 2000-2003: MKM: lecturer of English and German
- 1999-2005: corporate English courses
- 1999-2001: freelance translator/interpreter
- 1998-2005: private English, German and Russian courses
- English and German courses of different levels
- English, German and Russian for specific purposes
- Practical language seminars - Department of English and American studies, Faculty of Arts, MU Brno
- Grammar seminars - Department of English and American studies, Faculty of Arts, MU Brno
- Business English - Faculty of Business and Management, BUT
- Discourse Analysis
- linguistic research
- * cohesion and coherence
- * academic discourse
- * research articles
- * discourse markers
- applied linguistics
- methodology and didactics of foreign languages
- participation in linguistic conferences
- technical editor of the journal Theory and Practice in English Studies (Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts) 2012-2013
List of publications:
Zmrzlá, P. (2009) 'Direct cohesive chains in scientific articles'. In: Hůlková, I. and Jančaříková, R. (eds) Exploring Cohesion and Coherence in English Discourse. Third Brno Conference on Linguistic Studies in English. Brno: Masaryk University. 37-50.
Zmrzlá, P. (2010) 'Now as a discourse marker'. In: Jančaříková, R. (ed.) Interpretation of Meaning Across Discourses. Brno: Masaryk University. 241-252.
Zmrzlá, P. (2012) 'Cohesive means in research articles: linguistics and computer science compared'. In: Headlandová Kalischová, I. and Jančaříková, R. Approaches to Discourse. Proceedings. Brno: Masaryk University. 71-84.
Zmrzlá, P. (2013) Now as a Discourse Marker in Spoken English. Saarbrucken: LAP.
Zmrzlá, P. (2014) Co-referential Central Cohesive Chains in Research Articles. Dissertation. Brno: Masaryk University.
Zmrzlá, P. and Haupt, J. (2018) 'Lingua Franca of business and engineering: English from students´ point of view'. In: Jašková, J., Smutný, M. and Šťastná, D. (eds) Teaching English for Specific Purposes at Universities. Brno: VUT v Brně, Fakulta elektrotechniky a komunikačních technologií. 6-16.
- September 2015: Stockholm, staff mobility at Centre for Academic English, Stockholm University
- participation in methodology seminars and workshops organised for English teachers
- participation in linguistic seminars and lectures
- participation and presentations in linguistic workshops and conferences
- 2007: Development programme of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Development of language courses, especially English - 3rd follow-up stage.