FME, IMID – Director of Department
+420 54114 2769
Education and academic qualification
- 1990, MSc, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Brno, Design of Production Machines and Equipment.
- 1997, PhD, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University of Brno, Design and Process Engineering.
- 2006, prof., Brno University of Technology, Design and Process Engineering.
- 1993-2002, assistant professor, Institute of Machine Design, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- 2003-2006, associate professor, Institute of Machine and Industrial Design, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- since 2003, director, Institute of Machine and Industrial Design, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- since 2006, professor, Institute of Machine and Industrial Design, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- Since 2010, Head of Division of Virtual Modeling and Testing, NETME Centre, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- Lectures in BSc study programme: Machine Design - Machine Elements, Machine Design - Mechanical Drives and Machine Design - Mechanisms.
- Lectures in MSc study programme: Tribology and Project of Diploma Thesis.
- Lectures in PhD study programme: Machines and Equipment - Methods and Organization of Scientific Work and Elastohydrodynamics.
- Supervision of BSc and MSc thesis from the field of tribology.
- Supervisor in PhD study programme Machines and Equipment.
- Head of team of translators and scientific editorial board (with doc. Ing. Miloš Vlk, CSc.) of Czech translation of the publication Shigley, Joseph E.; Mischke, Charles R.; Budynas, Richard G. Mechanical engineering design. 1st ed. Brno : Brno University of Technology, publisher VUTIUM, 2010. 1300 s. ISBN 978-80-214-2629-0.
- Main fields of scientific activities: optical methods for lubricant films study, elastohydrodynamic and mixed lubrication, very thin lubricant films, transient and non-steady state lubrication, lubricant rheology.
- Basic scientometrics indicators according to ISI Web of Knowledge: total number of articles 69, total number of citations 385, total number of citations excluding self-citations 234, average number of citation per article 5,71, h-index 10.
- Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/D-8261-2012.
- Profile at Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.cz/citations?user=iK-LNrgAAAAJ.
Academic internships abroad
- 1999, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon, Villeurbanne Cedex, France, visiting professor.
- 2000, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu, Japan, research visit.
- 2001, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, research visit.
- 2003, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu, Japan, research visit.
- since 2003, member of branch board of doctoral study programme Design and Process Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- 2010, member of scientific board, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology.
- since 2011, member of evaluation panel of technical sciences of Czech Science Foundation.
- since 2013 member of editorial board of journal Friction (Springer, ISSN: 2223-7690).
- since 2013 member of editorial board of journal Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology (SAGE Publications, ISSN: 1350-6501).
- Koyo Bearings Česká republika s.r.o.
- TRIBOTEC, spol. s r.o.
- ZKL - Výzkum a vývoj, a.s.
- Experimental research.
- Machine design.
Prizing by scientific community
- 1993, Talent92 - award from Minister of Education of the Czech republic for extraordinary results in field of research.
- The Measurement and Study of Very Thin Lubricant Films on the Borderline between Elastohydrodynamic and Boundry Lubrication (Project GAČR 101/95/0330), 1995-1997
- The Study of Transient Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication by Computer Differential Colorimetry (Project GAČR 101/98/P226), 1998-2001
- The Study of Fatigue Failure of Elastohydrodynamically Lubricated Contacts Due to Debris Denting (Project GAČR 101/03/0525), 2003-2005
- Experimental Study of Lubrication Films Behaviour under Non-steady State Conditions (Project GAČR 101/05/0520), 2005-2007
- The Development of Machine Design Educational Laboratory on Faculty of Mechanical Engineering BUT (Project FRVŠ 2366), 2005
- The Establishment of CAD Education Centre (Project FRVŠ 675), 2006
- Thin film EHD lubrication study under non-steady state conditions (Project MŠMT ME08007), 2008-2010
- EHL nano/micro film behaviours under non-steady state conditions (Project GAČR GA101/09/J034), 2009-2011
- Study of lubrication film forming properties of newtonian and non-newtonian lubricants and their rheology (Project MŠMT ME09025), 2009-2012
- Complex System for Attracting, Education and Continuing Involment of Talented Individuals to Research Centers of AS CR and FME BUT (ECOP project CZ.1.07/2.3.00/09.0228), 2009-2012
- Research and development of adaptive wheel flange lubrication system (project MPO FR-TI3/442), 2011-2013
- Research and Development of performance optimized Rolling Bearings (project MPO FR-TI3/382), 2011-2013
- Effect of surface velocity directions on elastohydrodynamic film shape (project MŠMT LH12172), 2012-2014
- Research and development of progressive sanding rail vehicle system (project TAČR TA02030850), 2012-2014
- The influence of joint fluid composition on formation of lubricating film in THA (project MZO NT14267), 2013-2015