Green materials for green technologies, energy and depollution
FCH-MA_ENG15Ak. rok: 2020/2021
Benefits and risks coming from materials used in green technologies, functional materials, catalytic pollution control, carriers, active components, monolithic substrates, nanotechnology, engineered nanoparticles use and risks, biosensors, synthetic and natural polymer materials used in environmental and agriculture applications, primary and secondary microplastics, bioplastics, exoplastics and compostable polymers, biodegradation, hydrogels, superabsorbers, carbonaceous materials, humic substances, synthetic and natural surfactants, anorganic materials, geotextiles, Perovskites, clay minerals, solar-cells materials, fuel-cell technology, biofuels, biosorption.
Výsledky učení předmětu
In this curse students will learn about the
production of materials used in environmental protection
application of materials used in environmental protection
benefits and environmental risks of materials used in environmental technologies and related subjects
new types of contaminants
effects of new materials on environmental systems.
basics of general, physical, organic and organic chemistry; passing exam "Waste management and engineering"
Doporučená nebo povinná literatura
Lichtfouse E., Schwarzbauer J., Didier R. Green Materials for Energy, Products and Depollution. Springer, 2013 (EN)
Lehman, J., Joseph, S. Biochar for environmental management. Earthscan. 2009 (EN)
Hester R.E., R.M. Harrison. Nanotechnology. Consequences for Human Health and the Environment. RCS Publishing. 2007 (EN)
Steed, J., Atwood, J. Supramolecular chemistry, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2000 (EN)
Fomina, M., Gadd, G.M. Biosorption: current perspectives on concept, deﬁnition and application. Bioresource Technology. 160 (2014) 3-14 (EN)
Heck R.M., Farrauto R.J. , Gulati S.T. Catalytic Air Pollution Control: Commercial Technology, 3rd Edition. Wiley, 2016 (EN)
Plánované vzdělávací činnosti a výukové metody
Lectures 2h/week, the e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to students.
Způsob a kritéria hodnocení
To close the practical part the students are obliged to finish and defend an individual project (review on selected subject). To close the theoretical part, student must past an oral examination, to answer at least 50% of questions is required to pass. The ranking is according to the ECTS system.
1. Benefits and risks coming from materials used in green technologies, functional materials
2. Catalytic pollution control, carriers, active components, monolithic substrates
3. Nanotechnology, engineered nanoparticles use and risks, nanoparticles based delivery systems in agriculture
4. Biosensors, principles and examples of application in environmental applications
5. Synthetic and natural polymer materials used in environmental and agriculture applications, polysacharides, proteins, mulching materials
6. Primary and secondary microplastics, production, use, risks
7. Bioplastics, exoplastics and compostable polymers, biodegradation, hydrogels, superabsorbers
8. Carbonaceous materials - graphene, carbon nanotubes, biochar, other forms of carbon
9. Humic substances, production, use, physicochemical and biological activity
10. Synthetic and natural surfactants, use in environmental and agricultural applications.
11. Anorganic materials, geotextiles, Perovskites, clay minerals, struvites
12. Solar-cells materials, fuel-cell technology, biofuels, hydrogene technologies, materials and technologies for transport and energy storage, batteries
13. Biosorption, concepts, strategies and materials.
Currently, many materials are used in environmental protection technologies and as green materials. In this course, students will learn about their production, application and benefits and environmental risks of their use and misuse.
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění a formy nahrazování zameškané výuky