Digital Signal Processing
FEKT-CCZSAk. rok: 2017/2018
One-dimensional and two-dimensional discrete signals and systems. Description of systems, differential equations. Z- transform, solving of systems, transfer function, impulse response properties of the system. . Discrete Fourier transform, FFT. Basic of design FIR and IIR digital filters. Complex and real cepstrums. Application of cepstrums to speech and image processing. Signal quantization in discrete systems. Realization of digital filters and FFT in digital signal processors.
Výsledky učení předmětu
The student of the subject Digital signal processing will understand basic algorithms for digital signal processing and he will be able to independently apply and model the basic functions of digital processing in Matlab. It will have a basic idea of the implementation of the algorithms on microprocessors and digital signal processors. Students will primarily term:
- Discrete signals and their description
- Discrete systems and their description
- Status of description systems
- Z -Transformation and its application in solving digital systems
- Frequency analysis of discrete signals
- Discrete system - frequency selective filter
- Discrete Fourier transformation
- Technical means of digital signal processing
Students should have basic knowledge of mathematics and physical description of the signal, which gets in the mandatory subjects in the previous study. Their graduating is not a prerequisite for registration of this subject.
Doporučená nebo povinná literatura
MITRA,S.K., Digital Signal Processing-A Computer-Based Approach. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. New York 1998
OPPENHEIM, A.L., SCHAFER, R.W., Digital Signal Processing, Prentice-Hall, Inc. New Jersey, 1995.
VÍCH.R., Z Transform Theory and Applications. D.REidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht 1987.
Plánované vzdělávací činnosti a výukové metody
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories and practical laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system
Způsob a kritéria hodnocení
0-20 points - written test in exercises (optional part).
0-10 points - test using computers and software, (optional part).
0-70 points - written exam, compulsory part of the completion of the course.
Exam is focused to verify the orientation of the basic problems of digital processing, their description, calculation methods, the characterization of systems analysis and synthesis of digital systems.
1. Discrete signals - basic discrete signals, classification of one dimensional discrete signals.
2. Discrete signals - multi dimensional discrete signals, correlation of discrete signals.
3. Discrete systems - initial conditions, discrete systems as block diagrams.
4. Discrete systems - classification of discrete systems, linear time invariant system, combination of discrete time invariant systems, causallity and stability of time invariant systems, FIR and IIR systems.
5. State diagram of linear time invariant system.
6. Z- transform and using.
7. Frequency analysis of discrete signals - time discrete Fourier line, spectral power, FT of discrete aperiodic signal, feature of FT, cepstrum.
8. Frequency characteristics of linear time invariant system, frequency filters, lowpass filter, highpass filter, digital resonator, bandpass filter, notch filter, comb filter, phase filter.
9. Discrete FT definition, features, vector form of DFT, relationship between DFT and Z - transform.
10. Inverse systems and deconvolution - reciprocal disrete systém, geometric interpretation of the frequency response, linear time-invariant discrete system with minimum, maximum and mixed-phase homomorphic deconvolution.
The aim of the course is to provide students with a coherent explanation of the basic theory of digital signal processing with an emphasis on understanding the computational algorithms used in digital processing. Especially emphasized are methods for describing digital systems, especially digital filters. The subject is closed by discussions about the implementation of DSP algorithms in microprocessors and digital signal processors.
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění a formy nahrazování zameškané výuky
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.