Opening hours from 7th May
The library is open for the purpose of borrowing and returning literature, including access to the library collection, but only for as long as necessary. However, ordering literature online remains the preferred method of using the library services.
The library is closed from 7th July to 3rd September due to the reorganisation of the collection.
Want to borrow a book?
- To order books, use the borrowing request function in Primo. Wait for confirmation that the books are ready for you.
Want to return a book?
- Return books primarily to the library box located in the lobby, to the right of the front desk.
- All loans are no longer automatically renewed. Please return books so that others may borrow them. Thank you.
Central Library Mission
The BUT Central Library mission is to collect and make available literature mainly concerning the fields of research conducted at a technical university. Other central library functions involve buying international literature, offering information education to BUT students and other users, and consulting services to other BUT libraries, designing and putting into operation library software modules, etc.
Brno University of Technology regulations binding on its Central Library:
- Rector's Guideline no. 21/2002 – BUT Library Rules
- Bursar's Guideline no. 55/2003 – BUT Central Library Rules
- Bursar's Guideline no. 57/2003 – Payments for library services at BUT Central Library and BUT Campus Libraries
- Rector's Guideline no. 9/2007 – Format, submission, and publication of theses
- Annex to Rector's Guideline no. 9/2007 - Format, submission, and publication of theses
- Rector's Guideline no. 2/2009 - Format, submission, and publication of theses
Relevant laws and regulations:
- Library Act no. 257/2001 Coll. and subsequent statutory instruments
- Act no. 121/2000 Coll. concerning the copyright, copyright-related rights, and changes in some other laws
- Act no. 106/1999 Coll. concerning access to information
- Act no. 101/2000 Coll. concerning protection of personal data and changes in some other laws