Faculty of Chemistry
September 13-17, 2021
Price 360 - 600 € (depends of the course), No ECTS awarded
Capacity: min 5 - max 10 students for each course
Application deadline: May 31, 2021
Target group of students: primarily current Master students, but also suitable for Bachelor and PhD. students
The Summer School at the Faculty of Chemistry consists of three separate courses from which the student has to choose one. You can take one course bellow:
Chemistry and technology of environmental protection: the case of water polllution (September 13-17, 2021)
- Environmental problems
- Water pollution, types and sources of pollution
- Water analysis – methods
- Water cleaning technologies
Food chemistry and technology (September 13-15, 2021)
- Food and agriculture waste processing and valorization to high added value products (preparation of protein bar).
- Food analysis by modern instrumental techniques, sensory analysis.
- Special food technologies – beer making, meat products – monitoring and control of pilot technology proces.
Workshop on Progressive Materials Chemistry (September 14-17, 2021)
- Modern methods of inorganic materials characterization:
- Chemical analysis of inorganic materials (XRF, XPS, FT-IR, Raman).
- Thermal analysis of inorganic materials (TGA-DTA-EGA-TMA).
- Structural analysis of inorganic materials (optical microscopy, SEM-EDS/WDS/EBSD, Raman microscopy, XPS imaging).
- Metal materials analysis
- Preparation of a metal sample for observation of microstructure (Metallography).
- Observation of microstructure and measurement of microhardness (LM, HV).
- Structural and elemental analysis of metallic materials (SEM, EDS).
- Biotechnological production of biopolymers (PHA) by microorganisms under the biorefinery concept (waste utilization, lowering CO2 footprint)
- Biopolymers as delivery systems for agriculture, pharmacy, cosmetics and biomedicine
- Biological effect of biomaterials (biocompatibility, antimicrobial effect, testing on human cell lines).
Responsibility: Mgr. Jan Suchý