Risk Management in Information Systems
Programme: Risk Engineering
Length of Study: 2 years
Accredited from: 16.10.2009Accredited until: 31.8.2019
The aim of the study is to educate graduates, who will be ready on the basis of the development of engineering approaches to propose such a measure with new information and communication systems and databases, so that these objects can comply its reliably during its whole life cycle; for existing objects, detect and analyze the risk of a negative phenomenon and to propose measures to minimise them.
Key learning outcomes
In the framework of the studies the students acquire special knowledge and skills in the area of
• survey methodology risk,
• technical and economic objects,
• categorization disorders, their consequences and the categorization of the collective impacts,
• methods used in studies of the risks and their consequences,
• methods of modelling of engineering tasks,
• risk management of technical and economic objects,
• legislation risks, rights, judicial expertise of safety and responsibility.
Professional and special knowledge and skills will be obtained from the area of risk sources and detection
• detection of risk factors in information systems and in systems, which are an essential part of these information systems,
• solutions using new procedures that lead to the design, installation, operation and maintenance of secure information and communication systems, data bases and departmental information systems,
• risk assessment of individual risk factors for information systems,
• analysis of possible consequences of a negative phenomenon in information systems,
• proposals for measures to reduce the risks and resources of creating such conditions to sources of risks in information systems would not be activated and to reduce the likelihood of danger,
• elaboration of strategies and procedures, how to deal with a crisis situation arising in cases where the negative phenomenon occurs.
The basic knowledge and skills obtained from the fields of economics, management, management, law and legislation in the area of national security, crisis management and protection in emergencies. Emphasis is placed on the adaptability of graduates so that they were able to gain the changes induced by the development of information and communication technologies in the long term.
Occupational profiles of graduates with examples
Graduates will be prepared for professions related to the design, operation and management of a wide range of information and communication systems, in which the emphasis is on their safety. The application will find a series of manufacturing and of nonproductive companies, including public and State institutions on the technically demanding positions and also as judicial experts pursuant to Act No. 36/1967 Coll. in basic electronics and in the base of the field Cybernetics, the sector of information technology, with particular specialization of risk information systems.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
|2SAMZ||Mathematical Foundations of Risk Analysis||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAPZ||Basics of Law||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAFO||Risk Management in Companies and Organizations||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SAMJ||Quality Management System and Environmental Management System||cs||4||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SASP||System Concept/Approach to Risk Engineering||cs||5||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBAS||Analysis, assessment and management of risks of technical systems||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBBR||Safety and Risky Behavior||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||ClAc||yes|
|2SBIS||Information Systems and Technologies||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||ClAc||yes|
|2SBMM||Mathematical models of Decision Making||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2SBPA||Advanced Methods of Analyses and Simulation||cs||4||summer||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2ICBS||Information System Security||cs||5||winter||Compulsory||Ex||yes|
|2ICEP||Economics of Information Products||cs||5||winter||Compulsory||Ex||yes|
|2ICZD||Knowledge Discovery in Databases||cs||5||winter||Compulsory||Ac,Ex||yes|
|2IDAA||Applied Evolutionary Algorithms||cs||5||summer||Compulsory-optional||Ac,Ex||1||yes|
|2IDGS||Geographical Information Systems||cs||5||summer||Compulsory-optional||Ac,Ex||1||yes|
|2IDKR||Classification and Recognition||cs||5||summer||Compulsory-optional||Ac,Ex||1||yes|