Design and Process Engineering
Design and Process Engineering
· Designing, construction, calculation, technology of manufacturing, technical preparation of manufacturing including assembly and testing,
· Thermal and nuclear power plant devices such as steam and combustion turbines, steam generators, steam power plants and heating plants including nuclear power stations, industrial power engineering and their environmental aspects,
· Water turbines, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic pumps, piping systems, hydroelectric power plants, and pumping stations,
· Machinary and devices for chemical industry, food-stuff industry, and biotechnological treatment lines,
· Construction, modelling and theoretical studies of machines and devices for cutting, forming machines, industrial robots, and manipulators,
· Machine parts and mechanisms, methodology of designing machine elements and working mechanisms of general application with consideration of stochastic qualities of inputs, including the application of special types of machines and devices,
· Cars, vans and lorries, buses, trailers, semi-trailers, and motorcycles,
· Combustion engines for all types of vehicle drives, simulation of combustion engine thermomechanical systems, dynamics of driving gear, engine accessories, ecology,
· Machines and devices for in-plant handling of material and handling between operations, for the mining and transport of building materials, for passenger conveyance in buildings,
· Aerodynamic calculation and designing, flight mechanics, fatigue and durability of aircraft constructions, aeroelasticity of aircraft,
· Quality of machine industry production.
Issued topics of Doctoral Study Program
- Elimination of fine particles generated by combustion process
The topic is devoted to the study of the possibilities of reducing the production of fine and ultrafine particles generated during biomass combustion. The work will include experimental investigation on combustion equipment, testing parameters contributing to limiting particle production and testing measures to capture particles from the flue gas stream. The experimental equipment of the workplace will be used to identify fine and ultrafine particles in the flue gas stream.
- Health risks of particles emitted by the combustion process
Within the chosen topic, the study will focus on the identification of particles produced by the combustion process in terms of particle composition and subsequent health risk assessment of individual types of particles. In this context, attention will be paid to particle size, elemental composition, binding of harmful substances on the surface of particles, the retention of particles in the air and the probability of transport of particles from the source to the vicinity of the population.
- Life cycle assessment of the energy resources
The work is devoted to the issue of assessing the impact of the use of energy resources throughout the chain of energy transformations. In this work, attention will be paid to the use of fossil resources, renewable resources and prospective energy carriers usable for short and long term energy storage in power to gas systems (hydrogen, methane, etc.). With the support of available model tools, a custom model respecting the local conditions of the Czech Republic will be created.
- Oxycombustion of Biomass Fuels
The theme is focused on managing and optimizing the combustion process fuels from biomass using oxygen enriched air. The aim will be to describe and to optimize the combustion process with an emphasis on minimizing the formation of gaseous emissions and create a mathematical model of the combustion process. The topic responds to the current issue of optimizing combustion and reducing emission load.
- Solid pollutants elimination
The emission of solid pollutants is a very current issue of current energetic, where manufacturers and operators of energy equipment are working hard to meet the legislative constraints. During the study the student will study the origin and properties of the particles and the possibilities of their elimination at the establishment or in the secondary equipment. Wet method and barrier filtration will be studed for small boilers and for large energy plant use.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
Study plan wasn't generated yet for this year.