Risk Management of Chemical Technologies
Programme: Risk Engineering
Length of Study: 2 years
Accredited from: 16.10.2009Accredited until: 31.12.2024
The aim of the study is to educate graduates, who (on the basis of the development of engineering approaches) will be ready to propose such a measure for new chemical technologies and processes to ensure that these are safe; for existing technology to detect and analyze the risk of a negative phenomenon and to propose measures to minimise them.
Key learning outcomes
In the framework of the studies the students acquire special knowledge and skills in the area of
• survey methodology,
• the risk of technical and economic objects
• categorization of disorders, their consequences and the impact of the collective categorization,
• methods used in studies of the risks and their consequences,
• methods of modelling of engineering tasks,
• risk management of technical and economic objects
• legislation risks, rights, judicial expertise, safety and responsibility.
Professional and special knowledge and skills are obtained in the area of
• risk sources and detection
• detection of risk factors of chemical technologies, processes, and in the handling of chemical substances, in connection with the production, processing, storage, transport, etc.,
• monitoring and modelling of negative phenomena,
• risk assessment of individual risk factors for chemical technology and processes,
• analysis of possible consequences of the negative phenomena in chemical technological processes
• proposals for measures to limit risk sources and on the creation of such conditions to sources of risk for chemical processes have not been activated and decreased the likelihood of danger,
• elaboration of strategies and procedures, how to deal with a crisis situation arising in cases where the negative phenomenon occurs. The basic knowledge and skills obtained from the fields of Economics, management, management, law and legislation in the area of national security, crisis management and protection in emergencies.
Occupational profiles of graduates with examples
Graduates will be ready for the exercise of professions associated with the planning and management of production, safety at work and protection of workers, the protection of technological equipment in sectors that use chemical technologies such as industry, agriculture or industry, in which experiencing the handling of chemical substances, trade, transport, etc. The application will find a series of companies manufacturing and of non-productive nature on technically challenging positions and also as judicial experts pursuant to Act No. 36/1967 Coll. in the basic chemistry, Chemical Industry, various sectors, with particular specialization of risk activities in the chemical industry.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
Study plan wasn't generated yet for this year.