Design and Process Engineering
Design and Process Engineering
· Designing, construction, calculation, technology of manufacturing, technical preparation of manufacturing including assembly and testing,
· Thermal and nuclear power plant devices such as steam and combustion turbines, steam generators, steam power plants and heating plants including nuclear power stations, industrial power engineering and their environmental aspects,
· Water turbines, hydrodynamic and hydrostatic pumps, piping systems, hydroelectric power plants, and pumping stations,
· Machinary and devices for chemical industry, food-stuff industry, and biotechnological treatment lines,
· Construction, modelling and theoretical studies of machines and devices for cutting, forming machines, industrial robots, and manipulators,
· Machine parts and mechanisms, methodology of designing machine elements and working mechanisms of general application with consideration of stochastic qualities of inputs, including the application of special types of machines and devices,
· Cars, vans and lorries, buses, trailers, semi-trailers, and motorcycles,
· Combustion engines for all types of vehicle drives, simulation of combustion engine thermomechanical systems, dynamics of driving gear, engine accessories, ecology,
· Machines and devices for in-plant handling of material and handling between operations, for the mining and transport of building materials, for passenger conveyance in buildings,
· Aerodynamic calculation and designing, flight mechanics, fatigue and durability of aircraft constructions, aeroelasticity of aircraft,
· Quality of machine industry production.
Issued topics of Doctoral Study Program
- Development of design methodologies for servo drives in hard dynamic applications
The aim of the dissertation thesis is to develop a methodology for the design of drives used for dynamically demanding applications - for example, drives in machine tools. Dynamically demanding applications include, for example, rapid changes in load, rapid changes in the direction of rotation, etc. These changes have the effect, for example, of limiting the machine's operational properties and of increased mechanical stress, reduced lifetime, etc. In the thesis will be elaborated the methodology of creation of complex finite element models selected types of drives that will allow you to detect engine restrictions, or to modify design procedures.
- Diagnosis of electric drives based on machine learning for the safety aplication
The use of machine learning is widespread today. One of the major problems in this area is the acquisition of relevant learning data. Actual measurement data is technically possible to replace simulation data to some extent. However, the use of models is complicated by simplifying modeling utilization. The aim of the work is to propose a methodology of utilization of mathematical models of electric drives for machine learning usable in the area of diagnostics. Experimental verification on real drives will also be carried out.
Course structure diagram with ECTS credits
Study plan wasn't generated yet for this year.