Exact Computer Methods
FA-EPMCompulsory-optionalBachelor's (1st cycle)Acad. year: 2010/2011Winter semester4. year of study2 credits
The optional subject "Microstation in urban design" is intended for students of the 4. year of the 1. Grade BSP. The classes take place in the winter semester, 2 hours per week, the number of credits making 2. At present, a MicroStation J software is being used. The aim of the subject is to make the students acquainted with the application of this program to planning documents, not only in the studios of urban design. The tutorial is expected to result in the student's mastering the work with the individual tools, reference drawings and maps, as well as printed outputs and communication with other programs. The result at the end of the semester is an urban layout plan.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- General knowledge of work in the Microstation environment
- Ability to work with maps in .dgn format, their export to (.dwg, .dxf, .tiff, etc.).
- Mastering the basic skills needed for work with urban planning documents - Brno method
- Ability to work with reference drawings and rasters.
- Outputs - printing of drawings at required scale, export.
Mode of delivery
90 % face-to-face, 10 % distance learning
- General knowledge of work with PC
- Experience in other CAD environments is both an advantage (comparison with Microstation) and
a drawback (other routine habits).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Bentley - Microstation manuál (EN)
Metodika ÚPmB (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
- At least 80 % attendance
- Mastering the subject matter trained in turorials
- Working out in required quality and submission in due time of assignments (I.-III)
- Coping successfully with assignment IV. of the final seminar
- Form of examination - combined - classified credit.
Language of instruction
Basic description textures system MicroStation 95.
Basic statement system MicroStation 95.
Tool palette and work with them.
Work with tool – selection element, linear, polygons, circle and ellipses, archs,pasting elements.
Work with tool – handling, adjustment, enclosure, change attributes, insider, vzorování.
Work with tool – text, spot height, cell – Setting programme exercising I.
Work with referential drawings
Work with map groundwork - Setting programme exercising II.
Exits, data transmission, forms printing.
Communication with others programs import - export. - Setting programme exercising III.
Summary and repetition.
In brief about 3D in MicroStation 95
Other options MicroStation 95
- Gaining contonuously the knowledge and skills at working in the Microstation(current
version) environment .
- Subsequent use of these skills in making situation (or wider relatatinships) drawings within
the current studio design.
- Ability to work solo in the Microstation 2D environment.
- Gaining basic knowledge and skills needed for work in 3D and GIS.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
A. Continuous training for work within MicroStation system.
B. Working out independently the assignments:
Assignment I. - plan of a flat
Assignment II. - use of maps and reference drawings and rasters
Assignment III. - urban planning study in 2D graphics
Assignment IV. - final test - building structure according to a pattern + printing
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer