Structural Engineering II
FA-PS2CompulsoryBachelor's (1st cycle)Acad. year: 2010/2011Summer semester1. year of study4 credits
Systematics of building structures. Main supporting structures, their function, composition and elements. The relation of main supporting structures to complementary structures, roof structures. Megastructures. Technology and economics. Extending the experience on comprehensive architectural and structural design. Analysis of implemented structures.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Basic knowledge of designing a building structure (plan, section, view, detail) and its
connection with architectural design and design of special facilities (sanitation, central
- Method of surveying and drawing in the actual condition of a part of a building structure
Knowledge of this subject in the extent taught in the preceding semester.Basic knowledge of typology and architectural layout solution. Basic knowledge of static analysis of structural parts.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Neufert : Navrhování staveb (CS)
Witzany a kol.: KPS 20 - Základy, spodní stavba, hydroizolace spodní stavby, dilatace, schodiště (CS)
Hykš a kol.: Schodištia (SK)
Sedláčková, Kratochvílová : Pozemní stavitelství (CS)
Matoušková : Pozemní stavitelství (CS)
ČSN - řady 01.... a 73.... (CS)
Stavební katalog ABF (CS)
Odborné časopisy : Stavitel, Stavba, Materiály pro stavbu, Architectural Review, Architecture et Technique, Detail (CS)
Učební texty lektora
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1) Conditions for being granted credit: working out and submitting drawings assigned during the semester; passing both written test; active attendance of at least 10 tutorials from 13.
2) Examination: written examination; one regular term and two resit terms - point assessment,
min./max = 30/60 points.
3) Resutling ECTS classification: sum of points obtained for tutorials and for examination.
Language of instruction
1)technical standardisation and modular co - ordination
2)foundation soil and foundation depth.
3)primer construction constructions I - areal.
4)isolation against terrestrial dampness.
5)covered - way buildings I - introduction, survey, constructional and technical requirements.
6)covered - way buildings II - truss roofs and tower - 1.part.
7)covered - way buildings II - truss roofs and tower - 2.part .
8)covered - way buildings III - modern and economic truss; attic.
9)covered - way buildings IV - combination and special.
10)constructive system in - wooden.
11)constructive system VI - metal.
12)constructive system VII - combination and special.
13)primer construction constructions II - deep mine. Bearing and non - bearing lots buildings - mutual bindings.
Extension of knwledge of main bearing structures, their functions, composition and elements.
Understanding their connection with supplementing structures, technology and economics. Knowledge of design solutions of roof structures, combined structures and special structures. Extension of experience by comprehensive structural design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
- working out of a document of the 1st subbasement of a building situated in a cut of a raked
ground, at the axtent of a smaller family house, which will serve as basis for futher
- working out of drawings of execution documentation for a wall and frame structural system
using various alternatives of technology: plan of the 1st subasement, foundations and roof;
two sections, details
- servey and drawing in of the roof's actual state,in the extent of one roof truss
- two control tests