Microsoft Windows Network Technologies
FEKT-XPC-MW3Acad. year: 2021/2022
NAT, routing, Windows Firewall, multicast. Services and protocols SMTP, NNTP, POP3. PKI: CA, EFS, email encryption, IIS HTTPS. IPSec and VPN (PPTP and L2TP), RADIUS. Active Directory: sites, services, replication, GC, domain groups, the database and LDAP, partitions and replication, integration with DNS and NetBIOS. SQL Server: installation, system and user databases, object types, primary and foreign keys, Query Analyzer, Network Libraries, Enterprise Manager, MSDE, security, database structure and system tables, transactions, locks, logs, database files, backup and restore, replication, monitoring, DTS.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to implement, manage, maintain and support networking in Microsoft Windows and SQL servers systems as well as troubleshoot common issues.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Exam Ref 70-741 Networking with Windows Server 2016 with Practice Test - Andrew Warren, Microsoft Press (CS)
Exam Ref 70-744 Securing Windows Server 2016 - Timothy L. Warner, Craig Zacker, Microsoft Press (CS)
Exam Ref 70-764 Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure - Victor Isakov, Microsoft Press (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every year.
Language of instruction
Routing, DHCP, Windows Firewall
differences between ICS and NAT, NAT, RIP, WDS, OPSF, DNS, (WINS)
Certificates, certificate authority, EFS
Remote Access Connection, authentification, RADIUS (IAS), demand-dial routing
IPSec a VPN (PPTP a L2TP), protocol and services SMTP, NNTP and POP3.
Active Directory: introduction, structure, roles
Active Directory: accounts, groups
Active Directory: trusts, replication
Active Directory: kerberos, LDAP
SQL Server: instalation, systems and user databases, object types (tables, views, stored procedure, functions), primary, foreign keys, SQL Query Analyzer
SQL Server: Enterprise Manager, Network Libraries, MSDE, sevurity - users and logins
SQL Server: database internal structure (transactions and logs, locks. databases files, database backup and restore, system tables ),
SQL Server: database replication, server monitoring , DTS.
To obtain strong knowledge about administering, implementing and designing Microsoft Windows networking systems and services. Course will provide students with hands on practice at lab environment. Course will provide guidance for preparation for Microsoft certification exams for desktop systems.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MPC-AUD Master's
specialization AUDM-ZVUK , any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-TIT Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-KAM Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-EVM Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-EEN Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-EKT Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-MEL Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
- Programme MPC-SVE Master's, any year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, elective
Type of course unit
Exercise in computer lab
52 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer