Spanish Pre-Intermediate - Part 1
FAST-VYS003Acad. year: 2020/2021
The content of this course is the use of Spanish past tenses, mainly during the description of past events. The use of impersonal verbs and verb phrases to express obligation. The use of adjectives that describe moods. Related to people the description of physical aspect and parts of the human body is learnt. Basic vocabulary related to weather and forecast. Adjectives and vocabulary related to sports. The course focuses fairly in the use of past tenses to describe events of Spanish speaking countries.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student is able to understand basic information if they are produced in a standard manner. Students lear to produce basic coherent texts that cover basic topics. The level acquired is A2+ (according to EFR)
Students should have knowledge of the level A1 of CEFR that corresponds to the previous courses BYS1 Spanish - Elementary Part 1 and BYS12 Spanish - Elementary Part 2 so they can take profit of this course.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
The aim of this course is to teach the Spanish language and the basic communicative skills that are necessary to achieve the level A2+ according to the EFR (European Frame of Reference).
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B_A+U Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-UAD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-EP Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-ESBD Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-MIn Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, elective
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer