Electrical Engineering of Production Machines
FSI-GEV-KAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit The subject acquaints students with basic problems of electrical equipment of production machines, equipment and systems. These are general requirements for electrical equipment of production machines, safety requirements and explanation of the principles of operation of the most important actuators. Students will also learn the methodology of designing individual parts of electrical equipment and management of electrical documentation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The acquired knowledge and skills enable students to master the design of contemporary production machines, equipment and systems, both mechanically and electrically.
Differential equations, L-transformation, fundamentals of mechanism dynamic, fundamentals of theory electric machines and apparatuses, schemes and function of electric energy converters.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Pavelka, J, Čeřovský, Z., Javůrek, J.: Elekrické pohony. Brno. ČVUT 2001
Souček, P.: Pohony výrobních zařízení . Servomechanizmy. Praha, ČVUT 1997
Ondrůšek, Č.: Elektrické střídavé pohony. Brno, VUT 1999
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical laboratory work.
According to the possibility of teaching can be organized lectures for students by practitioners and excursions to companies focused on activities related to the course content.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
1. Completion of all exercises (100% attendance) and fulfillment of conditions of continuous control of study (concretization in exercises).
2. Processing homework.
The exam is combined, has a written and oral part and verifies the student's comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
Language of instruction
Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the current state and possibilities offered by electrical machinery technology for applications in production machines and equipment. Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to achieve basic knowledge at a level so that students are able to apply the above devices and their components in their profession and to orientate themselves in the wide market offer of individual manufacturers.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Controlled instruction is exercise. Exercises are compulsory. Attendance at seminars is checked and the level of knowledge is checked by solving practical tasks. Missed lessons must be completed with another group, or in exceptional cases by assigning homework on the topic. The level of elaboration of this work is evaluated by the teacher.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-VSR-K Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 6 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
Guided consultation in combined form of studies
22 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. General requirements for electrical equipment of production machines and equipment. Electrical elements on production machines. Power supply systems
2. Design of drives - load classes, calculations
3. Switching and protection of electrical equipment, cabling
4. Basic procedures to ensure the safety of general electrical equipment.
5. Documentation rules and normative requirements for electrical installation of machine tools (safety, EMC, etc.).
6. Functional safety, safety requirements for drives
7. Basic types of inverters for control of DC and AC motors and their possible variants
8. EC motors and DC motors - characteristics, properties, mathematical description
9. Induction motor - properties, characteristics, mathematical description
10. Synchronous motor - properties, characteristics, reluctance motors, mathematical description
11. Special motors - stepper motors, single-phase machine, linear synchronous and asynchronous motor
12. Drive control options (current, speed, position control), DC motor and EC motor control
13. Scalar control and vector control of induction motor, Direct torque control, Synchronous motor control (vector, scalar).
43 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Design (selection) of selected electric machine motors under variable load by equivalent methods
2. Design of drive using software
3-4. Complete drive design including selection of all components
5. Electrical installation of working machines, electrical installation in industrial wiring, principles of electrical documentation
6-12. Simulation of electric drives - Simulink
13. Demonstration of drives settings