CNC Technologies of Machining
FSI-9CTOAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course is focused on advanced CNC manufacturing production. Optimal selection and strategy for machining. Cutting tools, wear and machining parameters. Time consumption and integrity of machined surfaces. Technological routes, for Sinumerik 810D/Heidenhain iTNC530 systems. Optimization of the process from the point of maximum production rate and minimum costs is solved in graphical and numerical ways. Macros, special sub-programmes.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students are trained in CNC programming and other aspects of NC machining. They will be able to define technological processes of manufacturing methods and be able to control systems using Sinumerik 810D and Heidenhain TNC 310 in English.
Successful completion of the courses “Production Technologies II”, “Technology of Production and Computer Support of Technology”, good knowledge of fundamental methods of CNC machining.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Siemens AG: Návody k programování. Návod k obsluze. 4. vydání, Erlangen, SIEMENS a.s., 2000, 469 s.
Piska, M., Cihlarova, P., Hill, M.: Fundamentals of CNC Machining. http://www.fme.vutbr.cz/opory/pdf/ust/obrCNC/Fundamentals%20of%20CNC%20Machining.pdf
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Examination consists of a written and an oral part. The written part focuses on a solution using CNC programming and machine tooling and settings. The oral part tests student’s knowledge of a topic selected randomly from the concerned areas to assess depth of understanding of the studied processes.
Language of instruction
A study of modern CNC manufacturing technologies. Advanced programming of the Sinumerik 810D control system. Programming of the Heidenhain TNC310 control system. English terminology. Better job opportunities for graduates.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Recommended participations in lessons. Compulsory and checked participations in exercises and labs.According to the studied topic some lessons will be practicals - carried out in the lab, and some will be focused on the theory - calculations carried out in the classroom in a seminar form. Absence from seminars should be substituted individually by the agreement with the teacher.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme D-STG-P Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 0 credits, recommended
Type of course unit
20 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Technology of NC metal machining.
2. Tool materials for CNC machining.
3. Wear of cutting tools, forms and physical mechanisms.
4. Measurement of tool loading when cutting.
5. Technology of turning. Turning operations a tooling.
6. Technology of drilling. Drilling operations a tooling
7. Technology of milling. Machining operations a tooling.
8. Fundamentals of CNC programming - SINUMERIK 810D.
9. Methods of programme generation. Graphical simulation of a programme.
10. CNC machining cycles. Machining of complex curves and surfaces.
11. CNC work schedule and sequence of cutting operations, tooling and machine set up list.
12. Fundamentals of FV 25CNC/ Hedenhain TNC 310 programming.
13. DNC programming of FV 25CNC/ Hedenhain TNC 310.