FSI-ZRSAcad. year: 2020/2021
Subject includes an overview of the basic methods and principles of project management. It provides a essential link between the objectives, individual phases of the project, human and material resources and required terms that are necessary for the successful completion of the project. Emphasis is placed on the active use of basic methods on model examples when working in small teams and the use of computer aided project management. The course creates a methodological basis for projects, which students further use in project-oriented teaching and diploma theses.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Knowledge of principles, methods and tools of project management.
- Ability to plan a project and clearly present its goals, content, schedule and outputs.
- Ability to develop project documentation with regard to the structure of activities, time sequence, resources and costs.
- Knowledge of working on a PC at the level of a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
HEAGNEY, J. Fundamentals of Project Management AMACOM – Book Division of American Management Association. 5th Edition. 2016. ISBN 978-1-5231-0668-4. [Online] Dostupná z: https://app.knovel.com/hotlink/toc/id:kpFPME0001/fundamentals-project/fundamentals-project. (EN)
JEŽKOVÁ, Z. KREJČÍ, H. LACKO, B. ŠVEC J. Projektové řízení - jak zvládnout projekty. ACSA, 2015, 381 s. ISBN 978-80-905297-1-7. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures, exercises, self-study.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for obtaining credit:
- active participation in exercises (max. 20 points),
- submission of a case study of the project (max. 30 points),
- passing a theory test (max. 50 points).
Language of instruction
Graduates will be able to use project management methods and techniques in planning, managing and completing projects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Lectures: attendance is mandatory and controlled by the teacher.
Exercises: participation is mandatory and controlled by the teacher.
In case of long-term absence, compensation for missed classes is in the competence of the subject guarantor.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-KSI-P Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
8 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- Project definition, three imperatives, project phase, project management standards.
- Pre-project phases, Logical framework, stakeholder analysis, SLEPT, SWOT.
- Risks and their management, identification and evaluation, RIPRAN, point method.
- Project phases, SOW, project team and team roles, inaugural meeting.
- Hierarchical structure of works, CPM methods, PERT, Gantt chart, network analysis, OBS, responsibility matrices, communication matrices.
- Implementation phase, evaluation of project status, percentage fulfillment, milestone method, EVM, SSD, crisis management.
- Post-project phases, project completion and analysis, measures for future projects, project maintenance phases.
12 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Practical practice of techniques and methods on examples of technical projects.
- Methods of group problem solving, brainstorming, Delphi, mind maps, team roles, project team.
- Logical framework method, goal tree, hierarchical structure of work (WBS), organizational structure, responsibility matrices, Gantt charts.
6 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- Computer aided project management, GanttProject, MS Project (Office 365), Trello, Projektově.cz, MindMaster, Edraw-Project.
eLearning: currently opened course