Virtual and Extended Reality
FSI-GVRAcad. year: 2020/2021
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with parametric modeling systems using CAD systems. The endeavor is practical use of computer technology, which leads to the acquisition of basic methods of creating parts, assemblies and with the implementation of created models into virtual reality.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Studenti získají přehled o parametrických systémech a softwarech pro práci ve virtuální realitě.
Basic knowledge of machine design.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Manuál IC.IDO Visual Decision Platform 9.1. Stuttgart, 2012.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course-unit credit is awarded on condition of having attended the exercises 100% and worked out a project for a given topic.
Language of instruction
Practical introduction to CAD systems and software for working in virtual reality.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Participation in the exercises is compulsory. Justified absence can be compensated by personal consultation with the lecturer or selfwork.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-VSR-P Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to parametric modeling and immersion virtual reality (IVR) technology
2. Creation of basic components in the environment of a selected CAD system
3. Creation of complex components in the environment of a selected CAD system
4. Creation of a model in the environment of a selected CAD system according to a real template
5. Getting acquainted with the creation of applications in the Unity3D environment
6. Creating an application supporting augmented reality in the Unity3D environment
7. Creating an application supporting Cardboard VR in the Unity3D environment
8. Creating an application supporting head game headsets in the Unity3D environment
9. Getting acquainted with the creation of applications using WebGL
10.Creation of basic applications using WebGL
11. Individual application creation
12. Individual application creation
13. Presentation of works and credit
eLearning: currently opened course