Modelling and Simulation of Production Machines
FSI-GMSAcad. year: 2020/2021
The subject is aimed at gaining knowledge in the field of simulation within production machines. In the course, students will learn how to work with necessary softwares.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The graduates will acquire and extend their knowledge of simulation methods in the field of production machines.
Acknowledgement from course Calculations and Simulation in Machines Design (GKV). Furthermore, basic knowledge of electric drives.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
GREPL, Robert. Modelování mechatronických systémů v Matlab SimMechanics. Praha: BEN - technická literatura, 2007, 151 s. : il. ; 23 cm. ISBN 978-80-7300-226-8. (CS)
KARBAN, Pavel. Výpočty a simulace v programech Matlab a Simulink. Brno: Computer Press, 2006, 220 s. : il., tabulky, grafy ; 23 cm. ISBN 80-251-1301-9. (CS)
Marek J, Novotný L, Smolík J, Blecha P, Březina T, Mrkvica I, Sulitka M, et al. (2010). Konstrukce CNC obráběcích strojů (MM Speciál., p. 420). Praha: MM publishing, s.r. o. (CS)
BRENÍK, P.; PÍČ, J. Obráběcí stroje - konstrukce a výpočty. 2. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1986. 573 s. ISBN 04-235-86 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The subject is taught in the form of computer exercises, which are focused on practical demonstration of simulation procedures in individual programs.
As far as possible, lectures by practitioners and excursions to companies dealing with the content-related activities will be organized for students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course is evaluated by clasified credit.
Credit is awarded and evaluated on the basis of the simulation model, which will be elaborated during the term announced in the examination period.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to acquire basic acknowledge of simulation software usable for simulations in the field of production machines (ADAMS, Matlab / Simulink).
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The students’ participation and activity in seminars shall be checked. 100% participation in seminars is required; in case of absence, the student is obliged to substitute for the missed tuition in a way determined by the teacher.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-VSR-P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Model preparation for simulation of drive axes.
2. Preparation of CAD model for simulation software.
3. Definition of kinematic and dynamic model relationships.
4. Definition of state variables in simulation software.
5. Preparation of input and output variables in ADAMS.
6. Basic calculations in Matlab.
7. Solution of differential equations in Matlab.
8. Modeling in Simulink, Simulink solutions.
9. Other possibilities of simulation of dynamic systems in Simulink.
10. Simulation options using Simscape.
11. Simulation possibilities using Simscape library and other Simulink libraries.
12. Creation of ADAMS / Simulink cosimulation.
13. Creation of ADAMS / Simulink cosimulation.
eLearning: currently opened course