Digital Image Processing
CESA-SCZOAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course, the student is capable of:
- interpreting the fundamental knowledge, concepts and their relationships in the field of signal and image processing,
- describing the basic methods in this area,
- describing the most important application processes and their practical use,
- choosing a proper approach and method to a given problem from this area,
- practically utilizing the chosen method in a specific computer implementation.
Written final exam will be certified by the acquired knowledge and skills to explain the learning material including a description of specific tasks.
successful completion of previous courses of the respective study branch, particularly:
- basic university mathematics
- introduction to theory of one-dimensional digital signal processing
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
J. JAN: Číslicová filtrace, analýza a restaurace signálů (2. vydání), VUTIUM (Brno) 2002 (CS)
V. ŠEBESTA, Z. SMÉKAL: Signály a soustavy. Brno: VUT v Brně, 2003 (CS)
J. ŽÁRA: Moderní počítačová grafika (2. vydání). Computer Press, 2005, ISBN 80-251-0454-0 (CS)
E. KAMEN: Introduction to Signals and Systems. MacMillan 1987 (EN)
J. JAN: Medical Image Processing, Reconstruction and Restoration. CRC (USA) 2006 (EN)
J. K. UDUPA: 3D imaging in medicine (2nd edition). CRC Press, 1991, ISBN:0-8493-4294-5 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. Techning methods include lectures, and computer. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Requirements for successful completion of the subject:
- obtaining at least 12 points (out of 24 as course-unit credit based on active presence in demonstration exercises),
- successful passing of final written exam (up to 76 points)
Language of instruction
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Obligatory attendance at tutorials, only 20% absence may be justified by an official medical certificate.
Attendance at the lectures is only recommended.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-STC Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory