ÚSI-ERTPSAcad. year: 2020/2021
Subject is aimed at gaining basic knowledge of execution of selected partial building processes during building realisation. Subject comprises studying building processes related to especially to main building operations. Students will be acquainted with working procedures, suitable materials, workers and machinery in each technological phase of the building. Study also contains principles of technological procedures at execution of groundwork technological phases, lower carcass, upper carcass and roof claddings of building and also study of building processes of interior works and finishing works including continuity of craftsman works, so-called finishing trades (FT), which today represents more than half of labour consumption and financial expenses necessary for building realisation. We also pay attention to the most frequent defects and failures of selected building processes as well as suitable building technologies at reconstructions and maintenance of buildings. Content of the study are also requirements for quality of performed works, work safety and optimisation of sources for realisation of new buildings and reconstructions.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students should gain basic knowledge of selected partial building processes with emphasis on manufacturing technologies, review of necessary sources, quality and work safety.
Basic knowledge of the design of building structures and basic knowledge of building construction is required for the course.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
LÍZAL, P. a kol. Technologie stavebních procesů pozemních staveb, úvod do technologie, hrubá spodní stavba, CERM Brno, 2003 (CS)
MOTYČKA, V. a kol. Technologie staveb I, technologie stavebních procesů, hrubá vrchní stavba, CERM Brno, 2005 (CS)
KOČÍ, B a kol. Technologie pozemních staveb I, 1991 (CS)
MUSIL, HENKOVÁ, NOVÁKOVÁ. Technologie pozemních staveb - návody do cvičení (CS)
MUSIL F., TUZA K. Stavebně technologické projektování hrubé vrchní stavby, VUT Brno, 1992 (CS)
STEIN, B. Building technology, 2nd edition, Wiley, 1997 (CS)
MUSIL, F. a kol. Technologie pozemních staveb I. - Návody do cvičení. CERM Brno, 2002 (CS)
Firemní literatura, odborné časopisy (CS)
HLAVÁČEK, P. Stavební stroje. skripta. VUT FAST Brno, 1995 (CS)
VANĚK, A. Stavební stroje a mechanizmy. ČVUT Praha, 1990 (CS)
REMEŠ, J. a kol., Stavební příručka – 2. aktualizované vydání, Grada, 2014 (CS)
BŘOUŠEK, M. a kol., Inženýrské stavby – Technologie 1 a 2, Alfa konti, 1995 a 1998 – vybrané části (CS)
RŮŽIČKA, M., Moderní dřevostavba, Grada, 2014 (CS)
KUKLÍK, P., Dřevěné konstrukce, ČVUT v Praze, 2005 (CS)
HÁJEK, P., Konstrukce pozemních staveb I – nosné konstrukce I, ČVUT v Praze, 2007 (CS)
HÁJEK, P. a kol., Konstrukce pozemních staveb 30 – kompletační konstrukce, ČVUT v Praze, 2002 (CS)
MACEKOVÁ, V., Pozemní stavitelství II (S) – zakládání staveb, hydroizolace spodní stavby, CERM Brno, 2006 (CS)
FAJKOŠ, A., Ploché střechy, CERM Brno, 1997 (CS)
HANZALOVÁ, L., ŠILAROVÁ, Š., Konstrukce pozemních staveb 40 – zastřešení, ČVUT v Praze, 2005 (CS)
KOČÍ, B., KOVÁŘOVÁ, B., Technologie domovních instalací, CERM Brno, 2000 (CS)
BÍLEK, V., DŘEVOSTAVBY – Navrhování dřevěných vícepodlažních budov, ČVUT V Praze, 2006 (CS)
MARŠÁL, P., Stavební stroje, CERM Brno, 2004 (CS)
JELÍNEK, L., ČERVENÝ, P., Tesařské konstrukce, technická knižnice ČKAIT, Praha, 2012 (CS)
STRAKA, B., NOVOTNÝ, M. a kol., Konstrukce šikmých střech, Grada, 2013 (CS)
NEUMANN, D., WEINBRENNER, U. a kol., Stavební konstrukce I a II, JAGA, 2005 a 2006 (CS)
MACEKOVÁ, V., VLČEK, M., Zakládání staveb, ERA, 2004 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures and seminars. Lectures consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions. Seminars particularly support practical mastery of subject matter presented in lectures or assigned for individual study with the active participation of students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
To obtain credit it is necessary to attend all lessons and successfully elaborate given technological specifications during the term.
Exam has oral and written part. It is necessary to pass written exam to go to the oral one.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to subject area of building technology, significance and division, basic terminology of building technology, building preparation and realisation.
2. Technology of lower construction, earthwork and foundation constructions, suitable materials, recommended procedures, staff, machinery, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
3. Insulation of building objects - insulation against moisture and water, thermal insulation, insulation against noise, shocks, radon and chemical influences; suitable materials, recommended procedures, staff, machinery, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
4 and 5. Realization of monolithic concrete structures, formwork process, reinforcement, suitable materials, best practices, personnel occupation, machine utilization, work safety, ecology and quality control,
impact of works and technological steps on building site equipment.
6. Masonry structures bearing and non-bearing, materials present on market, recommended procedures, staff, machinery, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
7. Assembly procedures of fully framed reinforced concrete and steel systems, assembly of wooden constructions, materials present on market, recommended procedures, staff, machinery with suitability attest, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
8. Introduction to the problems of roofs, their typology, division, basic construction rules. Roof claddings of buildings with platform and inclined roofs, presently used materials, recommended procedures, staff, machinery, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
9. Introduction to problems of interior and finishing works, division, sequence of individual processes, continuity, overview of materials on today market, recommended procedures of finishing works.
10. Plasterboard constructions, interior separating walls, undersides, properties, recommended procedures, staff, machinery, work safety, ecology and quality inspection.
11. Principles of security of building works of partial building processes, use of personal protective devices, work at heights, work at excavations, safe movement at the building site.
12. Introduction to internal and finishing processes - internal and external installation. Basic information on water, sewerage, gas pipelines, power lines - their breakdown, sequence of processes,
continuity, overview of new materials in the current market, recommended procedures for selected finishing processes.
13. Mechanization and automation of building processes, suitability of machine assemblies, horizontal and vertical transport, optimization of the use of construction machines.
Organization of construction with regard to HSV and PSV processes, principles of building site design, construction site concept, distribution and use of building site facilities,
design of lifting mechanism for assembly of structures.
Goal of the subject is to acquaint students with preparation and performing selected partial building processes with emphasis on manufacturing technologies, audit of necessary sources, quality and work safety. It also includes basic information on the typology of structures and their design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance will be checked, as well as during the terms all tasks will be checked (in form of specifications with graphical attachments).
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory