Diploma Seminar (M-KSI, M-PDS)
FSI-ZD6Acad. year: 2020/2021
Students are familiarized with the course of the final state exam, with requirements to demonstrate knowledge and with the principles and guidelines for the preparation and defense of a thesis. During the seminar, all students presents actual achieved results on their diploma projects. Immediately after the prezentation follows a critical discussion of the presented results with the audience, supervisor and other teachers.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Ability to speak in public on formal occasions.
- Ability to process results into a presentable form.
- Ability to present and defend the results of their work.
- Certain knowledge gained during study of master study programme.
- Completion of the subject Diploma Project I.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BIERNÁTOVÁ, Olga a SKŮPA, Jan. Bibliografické odkazy a citace dokumentů : dle ČSN ISO 690 (01 0197) [online]. V Brně : Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně, 2011. 27 s. Dostupné z: http://www.citace.com/soubory/csniso690-interpretace.pdf (CS)
Eco, U. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Votobia, 1997. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. (CS)
ČSN EN ISO 690 (01 0197). Informace a dokumentace - Pravidla pro bibliografické odkazy a citace informačních zdrojů. Praha : Úřad pro technickou normalizaci, metrologii a státní zkušebnictví, 2011. 39 s. (CS)
NÖLLKE, Claudia. Umění prezentace: jak přesvědčivě, srozumitelně a působivě prezentovat . 1. vyd. Praha :Grada, 2004. 111 s. Poradce pro praxi. ISBN 80-247-9057-2. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is awarded on the following conditions: active participation in the seminars. Presentation and submission of diploma thesis.
Language of instruction
Graduates will be able to adequately present the results of their diploma thesis at the state exam.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at practicals is obligatory and checked by the lecturer. Potential absence has to be excused. In case of longer absence, compensation of missed lessons depends on the instructions of course supervisor.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
- The course of the state exam, areas of questions, structure and principles of presentation for thesis defence.
- Verbal and nonverbal communication during the presentation. Voice preparation and public speaking. Analysis of the most common mistakes in speech.
- Types of presentations and their specifics. The goal of the presentation. Planning and designing the presentation.
- Ethics and social etiquette. How to keep the audience's attention. Tips for the right presentation. Focus on the target group.
- Students present partial results of the diploma thesis to colleagues, teachers and thesis supervisor. Immediately after the presentation, the results, presentation and speech are commented by the teachers and the supervisor, followed by a discussion and answers to the questions.
eLearning: currently opened course